Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satans Hockey

Game Thread: Czech Republic vs. Sweden, 1pm ESPN

43 posts in this topic

Who's in goal? Hope it's not Salo, for his safety's sake. :unsure:

OK I snapped out of it. Wow, jeez the Sweden fans are just constantly tortured. The 2002 Olympics and now this? They are going to develop a reputation for choking. Elias was great, Havlat was great, man I knew this team woke up but I didn't think they'd break out like this!

Forgot to tape it, not that I was looking forward to listening to two commentators that would put me to sleep anyway. Guess I didn't miss much though :P

Damn, what's worse for Sweden, to lose to Belarus or to get absolutely spanked - AT HOME - by a Czech team they previously beat? :noclue:

Holy Smack.

I'm back to what I said before the tournament opened - I'm most scared of the Czechs.

Sorry Swede. :P

Czechs played a good game. I think it was 19-6 in shots on goal for the Czechs early in the 2nd. Sweden when they were down 2-0 were constantly sniping at the officials(Koharski, and Jennette(?) ) Granted the calls were horrible, but at that point in the game, a team has to just stop whining and play harder.

Oi. That was Sweden's first loss of the tournament. As I've mentioned too many times, this playoff format is too unforgiving. Then again, maybe Sweden don't WANT to play another game after that one.

ruchinsky didn't do anything in a nux uniform except miss about 5 gimme goals including a goal that would have tied up the game with a minute to go and give the nux a 3-2 lead in the series.

OK, how vicious has that comment by whoever the color commentator on ESPN is, "The Swedes need to be worried if they look over and see that Jiri Dopita is breaking a sweat. That doesn't usually happen."

Never mind that it's true. :P

LOVED that comment!

I think it was Smith who said that.

Well, that was a smack in the face to say the least, but in retrospect not very surprising. Sweden never really played that well in the earlier games, and really lived on the PP. And when it didn