Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unibrow

More Holik Misery

30 posts in this topic

I didn't see this article from the times posted, so here it is for those interested:

Holik Continues to Wait as Injury Slowly Heals

By JASON DIAMOS

CALGARY, Alberta, Nov. 14

Sather may be right, but if he hasn't figured out by now that he bought Bobby's mouth along with everything else, he never will.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:P:lol::evil::joker::uni:

But, seriously,I must admit it is very strange to see LHRB admitting that this is geting to him mentally. And now back to my first response:

:P:lol::evil::joker::uni:

Good for him! He is fitting in well over at the millionaires club. Maybe next year he will be healthy enough to play.

awwwwww....actually Holik has the life right now, just sitting around watching hockey and getting paided $109,000 for it. Damn bastard.....oh well.....the pain he is receiving evens it out.

"It's really getting to me mentally," Holik said.

referring to the mega-bucks deal Holik signed with the Rag$ this summer. Also included in Holik's remark may be the Ranger's crappy record, his shabby play thus far, the Devils new found spirit in the face of adversity as well as their winning record without him, Bobby Holik to brighten the locker room. It is speculated Holik is also referring to the rumors he may be traded to some other team - however we have been unable to ascertain whether he's staying away to ensure the trade or for fear he will be traded and have to leave his beloved home in NJ and all the wonderful former friends he'd made during his tenure with the New Jersey Devils.

Yessiree

"I don't know how he can diagnose an injury and say it's going to take a year to recover," Sather said today. "I've always found that self-diagnosis is not the right answer. That's why there are doctors. But you never know. And you have to be careful."

These two guys (Sather and Holik) deserve each other...one arrogant a$$ complaining about another. :lol:

my sentiments exactly.

the more msweet's posts i read, the more i like 'em.

Where's GR with "realistic" spin on this?

My take, which I'm sure I've already expressed so excuse the repetition, is that Holik has an injury requiring surgery. But they're not doing the surgery, they're just jerking him around and seeing if he'll "work" through it somehow. Kind of the same thing the Devs did with McKay isn't it? Bobby's saying it's not the pain, he's played with plenty of pain before. But it's movement restricting and he can't play his game, he's useless on the ice. It's a real loggerhead, it makes Bobby look like a washed up player (which even his detractors here probably don't think is actually true) and a whiner. But hey, maybe the Rangers can trade him in a multi-player deal to San Jose and pick up Toskala to help out with their screwed up goalie situation.

Does anyone think that A$$holik makes Sykora sound like a macho tough guy after his injury and playoff no-show last year?? :P He's whining much more than Syk imo.

But hey, maybe the Rangers can trade him in a multi-player deal to San Jose and pick up Toskala to help out with their screwed up goalie situation.

Rangers would have to eat a lot of his salary for that to happen, and I think it's early for them to look to deal him.

But I could see them wheeling and dealing with Colorado:

To the Avs: Holik/Lundmark/Kloucek

To the Rag$: Reinprecht/Tanguay/Skoula

Somethin' along those lines; probably not that deal exactly, 'cause I'm sure someone on these boards will point out some obvious fault that'll make me go, "Oh... right. My bad." :P

Does anyone think that A$$holik makes Sykora sound like a macho tough guy after his injury and playoff no-show last year?? :P He's whining much more than Syk imo.

I don't know if it's as bad or not, but it's highly comparable. Syk said he needed his speed, Holik said he needed to be able to grind. Both think that they'd help the club more by being off the ice rather than on it.

Did Booby give Sykkie sh!te about the whole ordeal?

Did Booby give Sykkie sh!te about the whole ordeal?

Well Bobby was the one saying he could sleep at night (meaning that some of the others shouldn't be able to). But he never said anything about Sykkie directly

I guess his nightmares mean he can't sleep now.

I guess his nightmares mean he can't sleep now.

:clap: Best Line of the Day!! :clap:

:evil:

Wow...thought LHRB knew all about soft tissue injuries...first skating will not hurt it then it will take a year to heal and alas the MRI shows that skating is a big fat no no...maybe his nightmares are the result of reality sinking in that he knows a helluva lot less than he thought he did :uni:

Holik wasn't the problem last year. And where did he ever take a shot at Sykora?

It was Captain Stevens who sealed Sykora's fate.

I am new to this board so don't all jump on me at once, but I don't get all this Holik bashing. It's not like he is the first person in sports history to leave a team for money.

He said right after arbitration he was going and he did. I think it was as much a personal thing with Lou as it was about money. I am bitter about it to an extent, but to be glad the guy is hurt is just too much for me.

I was hoping he would play Thursday when I go to the game, and yea I would cheer for him if he were playing. He played hard for the time he was here, even if his mouth was hard to take.

The win against the rangers would have been that much more sweet. Ah well, it's just one persons opinion.

Don't worry, most of the jumping on the board is directed at people who post the same garbedge over and over again.

I would've preferred to play the Rangers with Holik (Though I'm sure Elias or whoever was playing 1st line center that day wouldn't have)

I think people are more happy that he isn't doing well with the Rags than that he's hurt.

Just because he isn't the first person to leave a sports team for money doesn't mean he has my adoration. I'll boo him till I'm horse the next time I see him on the ice (I wouldn't harass the guy in public, I think fans should draw a line when it comes to players' personal lives)

I won't deny that he played hard when he was here, he was a great player, and contributed signifigantly to both Stanley Cups.

But the way I see it, he gave the fans the shaft when he signed with the Rags. I don't seem to remember negotiating his contract or dragging him through arbitration. All I did was pay $90 to see him play and cheer him when he was on the ice. If that's not enough, fine, I can handle it, but don't expect my adoration.

He'll get booed for sure next week if he's healthy enough to play.

It's unfortunate that the fans got caught in the middle. That's precisely what happened here.

Holik had a beef with Lamoriello after the arbitration and couldn't let it go. So, he got his revenge the best way he could. By going to the enemy (Rangers).

This didn't have to do with the fans. I believe it was personal between him and Lou.

But the fans feel betrayed and they'll be heard.

It should be interesting next week if he plays.

So, he got his revenge the best way he could.  By going to the enemy (Rangers).

This didn't have to do with the fans.  I believe it was personal between him and Lou.

But the fans feel betrayed and they'll be heard.

The fans should feel betrayed. Holik's beef was about $$$. In the end, he won, and Lou offered him the bucks. But because Holik needed to get revenge, he left. Who cares about the fans that had nothing to do with it? Not Holik.