Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RowdyFan42

PM system screwy

6 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem with the private messaging system, particularly with drafts. Yesterday I started my submission to Don's '80s music montage and saved it because I wanted to come back to it today. Well, when I went to retrieve it today, there was no text in the message body box. I composed my entry, clicked Send, and got a MySQL error. I went back to the "compose message" screen and the message was gone again, so I rewrote the message, clicked Save, went back into the message, and it was gone *again*. I wrote my guesses one more time, copied it, went to send and got the MySQL error again. That's when I gave up, started a new message and sent it without any difficulty.

Any ideas as to why the board chokes on saved drafts? Also, is anyone else having this problem or am I just cursed? :ph34r:

I was unable to duplicate this. Can other people try and see if this happens to you? I will attempt to get this fixed, sorry about the issue Rowdy.

Interesting. I tried it again and it came up fine. Maybe it fixed itself, then, because I know it was happening before.

no my PMs have been fine all week... sorry !

Turns out you aren't crazy. If you delete any PM's while having a saved(unsent) message it will delete the body of the message. I am sorry about that, I was going through the bug reports it has been fixed in the just released version of the forums. I will have to upgrade sometime soon.

Ah, that explains it. Yeah, I think I may have deleted a PM or two while I had that one saved. Thanks, DM. :)