Michael Moore planning sequel

LOTCB

Oh Boy.

Moore

Moore to shoot sequel to 'Fahrenheit'

Thursday, November 11, 2004 Posted: 2:23 PM EST (1923 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Michael Moore plans a follow-up to "Fahrenheit 9/11," his hit documentary that assails President Bush over the handling of the September 11 attacks and the war on terrorism, according to a Hollywood trade paper.

Moore told Daily Variety that he and Harvey Weinstein, the Miramax boss who produced the film, hope to have "Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2" ready in two to three years.

"Fifty-one percent of the American people lacked information (in this election) and we want to educate and enlighten them," Moore was quoted in Thursday's edition of Variety. "They weren't told the truth. We're communicators and it's up to us to start doing it now."

A spokesman for Fellowship Adventure Group, formed by Weinstein and brother Bob to help distribute "Fahrenheit 9/11," did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which won top honors at May's Cannes Film Festival, became the first documentary to top $100 million at the domestic box office. Moore, who won the documentary Academy Award for "Bowling for Columbine," is pushing "Fahrenheit 9/11" in the best-picture category for the upcoming Oscars.

The issues for the follow-up film will remain the same, Iraq and terrorism, Moore said.

"The official mourning period is over today and there is a silver lining: George W. Bush is prohibited by law from running again," Moore said.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he's going to address the lack of honesty on both sides, which we know he won't, what's the point of it all???

Once again, I don't like Bush, but what good will slicing up only one side when both sides deserve it do???

ALL Americans should be encouraged to look much more closely at what ALL the candidates are saying to them. They shouldn't just be warned against one or the other.

Unless he's going to address the lack of honesty on both sides, which we know he won't, what's the point of it all???

Once again, I don't like Bush, but what good will slicing up only one side when both sides deserve it do???

ALL Americans should be encouraged to look much more closely at what ALL the candidates are saying to them.  They shouldn't just be warned against one or the other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly how I feel. Don't really see a point to furthering these movies. It's just not necessary. He needs to move on now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually he does, when he goes to foreign countries and tells them how ALL Americans are "dumb".

This guy should go look in a mirror............. but he better make sure it's a widescreen.

Moore and JL aren't too far apart. As I recall, you told me that Democrats are misinformed, that's why they vote Democrat. Moore makes the same ridiculous claim.

I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 but I'm not sure I would see a sequel to it. The first one, while interesting, was all over the place.

I own pretty much every movie that Moore has done (I'm sure that surprises Jimmy et al.), but I didn't like F9/11 for the same reason. First, it jumped from here to there to everywhere. Second, IT WASN'T FUNNY. I laughed once, maybe twice. All of his other stuff is FUNNY. Or at least is to me.

People with tracheotomies singing Christmas carols at R.J. Reynolds, bringing a choir of black singers to sing love songs at a KKK rally, Crackers the Corporate Crime Fighting Chicken...

I hope the next one is at least entertaining...

Well -- see Moore has made himself into the exact same thing as the guys he hates, which saddens me. It's like he's playing their game -- he wanted to get a seat at the table of the greatest arguement in the country perhaps the world even. Not right against left but plain and simple Deomocrat against republican. No side has any deeper meaning or altristic goal -- it's just like two hockey teams vying for the Stanley Cup -- but since we arent' dealing with any real ISSUES what we arguing about is who can dupe the majority of the people into voting for them.

It's all about winning as Lou says. but see that's not what this is supposed to be about. And Moore jumping into the fray not even as a politician proper only makes the whole thing that much more farcical.

Hye that's another good that may have come from Bush winning -- Michael Moore may stop taking himself so seriously and go back to being funny like Don said!! :evil:

Gotta love Rush. He's about as big of a chickenhawk and a misogynist as they come. I'm glad you guys think that he's mostly on-target. I especially love this stuff:

"There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons - use them."

"Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud."

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."

"They [Democrats] celebrate privately this attack in Spain."

"These people have become the mainstream thought -- thinkers, generators of the Democratic Party. It's who they are. They hate this country. They hate the military of this country."

I really love how you guys talk down Michael Moore, then prop Rush Limbaugh up. And Rush "not a liar" is about the funniest thing I've heard all year.

http://groups.msn.com/RushversusReality/rvrjulyb.msnw

http://members.aol.com/Falconnn/rushlie.html

http://members.aol.com/Falconnn/Rushlie2.html

These guys (Moore and Rush) are both motivated primarily by money. Distorting the truth by presenting only one side of the issue is what they do to get people mad. Anyone who hitches his wagon to either of these guys is a moron, plain and simple.

Least he's not a liar like you and your party's new spokesman.

First, you forget that I'm not registered as a Democrat. Second, pretty slick of you to slip that personal attack in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF you talking about? Personal attack, no there wasn't.

Matter of fact, I have never attacked you, instead I stand by why you take many shots at me...........

These guys (Moore and Rush) are both motivated primarily by money. Distorting the truth by presenting only one side of the issue is what they do to get people mad. Anyone who hitches his wagon to either of these guys is a moron, plain and simple.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Rush and Moore fans are morons? Okay, that's your Ivy League opinion.

You claim non-bias, but you are as biased to the left as I am to the right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Rush and Moore fans are morons? Okay, that's your Ivy League opinion.

You claim non-bias, but you are as biased to the left as I am to the right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never claimed non-bias. But at least I don't go around saying Moore doesn't distort the truth. You're blind if you think Rush doesn't lie.

First, you forget that I'm not registered as a Democrat. Second, pretty slick of you to slip that personal attack in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matter of fact, I have never attacked you, instead I stand by why you take many shots at me...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude, you called him a liar, that prob. qualifies as "personal"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude, you called him a liar, that prob. qualifies as "personal"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I didn't. I said at least Rush isn't a liar like Rowdy and the other Dem's new spokesman, Moore, is.

Rowdy isn't a liar, just wrong usually.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Rush Limbaugh is a former top 40 DJ who has led a completely hypocritical existence. He is both paralyzed and motivated by the same things that drive Michael Moore's rhetoric.

Anyone who seriously considers the opinion of either of these two men has nothing to say to me on politics that is of any worth. Period. Both are entertainers first.

Rush Limbaugh is a former top 40 DJ who has led a completely hypocritical existence.  He is both paralyzed and motivated by the same things that drive Michael Moore's rhetoric.

Anyone who seriously considers the opinion of either of these two men has nothing to say to me on politics that is of any worth.  Period.  Both are entertainers first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what I was saying.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.