Sunday's NFL Playoff Games Thread

devilsrule33

I have to say so far the NFC Games haven't been worth watching in Fast Forward, but the AFC games have been pretty much gold minus the Colts squash of Denver.... today looks to be more of the same.... but I think any NFL fan's been waiting for Colts/Pats again this year and nothing else has seemed to matter... Colts win today and no one is stopping them

let's just hope for me that the place for this baby shower for my sister has a freaking TV that I can get too :P

Well, the first game stunk. The Vikings had chances too. But Moss messed up on the fake FG by going off the field. And the Eagles offense just went up and down the field.

Now, the game everyone has been looking forward to.

Colts vs Patriots- is this the game Manning gets it done? It's snowing in New England. Colts will get the ball first.

Going into it, I like the Colts. I just feel this time around, Manning is on a mission and the New England secondary is decimated. That will probably be too much for the Pats to overcome.

It should be interesting to see if Belichick can stop Indy's offense.

Here we go.

I still think the Colts can get it done. They were fortunate that that NE lineman got a false start penalty on a Dillon TD. Otherwise, they'd be in much worse shape.

And Manning and the offense started to find their stride.

Does anyone else find it odd that Weis decided to throw the ball in that key series after the Brusci recovery? They were running it so effectively. They went 3 and out and Indy got the ball back and gained momentum.

total gutless effort by the Colts today... I'm truly repulsed by the Colts offense (Defense played well till the offense went on vacation)... no excuses for the Colts.... well Manning was ok... .CATCH THE GODDAMN BALL will ya ??

Teams from Philadelphia have not won a championship since 1983. Know why Smarty Jones lost? He was from Philadelphia! Eagles can't win, the city's cursed. Too bad Manning's squad is going home again. Would've liked to see them move on but they completely stunk it up today

this has been the year for slaying curses though (well except mine :P)... so I don't think we can go on that anymore......

this has been the year for slaying curses though (well except mine :P)... so I don't think we can go on that anymore......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn you for bringing THAT up again, Crasher, lol.

Oh hell, sucks for the Colts but they screwed themselves on this one. I'm a little tired of seeing the Pats win, but heck, I'll cheer for them next week.

total gutless effort by the Colts today... I'm truly repulsed by the Colts offense (Defense played well till the offense went on vacation)... no excuses for the Colts.... well Manning was ok... .CATCH THE GODDAMN BALL will ya ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. I had a funny feeling the Pats would blow the Colts out, but I didn't think they'd hold them to THREE LOUSY POINTS. :doh1:

Just give NE the AFC title now and get it over with :P Pittsburgh does have a similar team to NE, but there's no way Roethlisberger matches up with Brady and the Pats have the champion's aura and those two things will make the difference.

Just give NE the AFC title now and get it over with tongue.gif Pittsburgh does have a similar team to NE, but there's no way Roethlisberger matches up with Brady and the Pats have the champion's aura and those two things will make the difference.

Wow, how much do you love the Pats? They're the best team ever now, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's automatically discard the Steelers and mention the Patriots having a "champion's aura", just as they had in 2001, I guess.

Just give NE the AFC title now and get it over with tongue.gif Pittsburgh does have a similar team to NE, but there's no way Roethlisberger matches up with Brady and the Pats have the champion's aura and those two things will make the difference.

Wow, how much do you love the Pats? They're the best team ever now, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's automatically discard the Steelers and mention the Patriots having a "champion's aura", just as they had in 2001, I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I DESPISE the Pats (well more accurately I despise Belichick and Kraft, I respect the Pats players), but they win games in the clutch with cold-blooded efficiency.

The Steelers did not really impress me yesterday, sure they have a good running game and D, so do the Pats. The Pats win big games and Brady will trump Big Ben, who looked every bit a rookie yesterday.

Steelers didn't look like world beaters against a team they were way better then this week.. the Pats looked way better against a team they are worse then... bad sign for Pitt next week

and sorry to mention the curse thing funky... but if it helps my local woman curse will live forever :P

Falcons/Pats Super Bowl... won't even be CLOSE though.....

time to fix the damn CBA NHL people :P

Three years ago where did NE win the AFC Championship?  In Pittsburgh (where Cowher's 1-3 at home in championship games).  They can win there, especially with getting their asses whupped there earlier giving them all the motivation to turn the tables.

Wasn't that the "tuck-rule" game?

What is the purpose of having wild-card games? Extra money?

Oakland at New England was the tuck rule game

Don.. with the NFC aside this year (NONE of the NFC teams belong :P) there's usually more playoff-worthy teams then the top 4... and of late Wild Card teams HAVE gone all the way (ala Carolina last year).. and until recent there was only 3 divisions... so they adopted the 6 team format with the bye's for the top 2 teams system (which was HUGE for the 1 and 2 seed)