I need a new game!

Don

We've got a 37 degree humidex (99 degrees F), so I'm planning on spending the day down in the bedroom with the air conditioner finishing off San Andreas.

But I got to thinking, it's been a while since a good game came out.

I'm going to buy a used X-box (I refuse to give money to Microsoft) and buy Pirates!, but other than that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of great games out there. So I'm looking for suggestions.

I've played through Baldur's Gate II 6 times.

I've beat Final Fantasy Tactics 4 times.

FF7 3 times, FF6 4 times, FF9 3 times.

Starcraft 8 times.

So I'm looking for something new. Any suggestions?

I've played through every FF, save for XI and X-2 (and I don't exactly plan on playing that). The best one that you haven't played is likely IV, but its plot will probably seem somewhat banal to you, for it's been out for nearly 14 years.

I assume you like RPGs a lot, so you could try XenoGears, Xenosaga and/or Xenosaga: Episode II; any of the Dragon Quest games (particularly one from the trilogy spanning games IV through VI), although the crux of each game is within its charm and gameplay; Lunar I and II; and Suikoden I, II, and III.

Since you mentioned FFT, I'd definitely recommend the Fire Emblem series. If you have a GBA emulator, you could download and play any of VI through VIII. A warning to heed, though; prepare to reset and restart chapters often, because unless you want to have your army decimated by the end of the game, you'll want to keep alive as many allied units as possible.

Edited by Giuseppe

anyone played  Revenge of the Sith yet ??

that looks SO GOOD but it's NEVER IN MY BLOCKBUSTER !!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been playing LEGO's Star Wars on Xbox w/m daughter... its soooo funny ..it covers Episode 1-3 all LEGO characters following the movies faithfully. :rofl:

Buy a ps2 and get god of war, fantastic game for anger release.

As far as RPG's go, bleh screw these new systems. Just get a snes emulator and play chrono trigger and all those otehr golden games. I got every single possible ending for chrono trigger plus more :D

LEGO Star Wars is hilariously entertaining. A great game to play for the sake of having fun.

Revenge of the Sith is very good. I played it at college last semester, and it's at the top of my "to buy" list in the near future. Only major drawback I had with it is that the camera angle is fixed to what the game wants, so sometimes you can't tell where you're being attacked from. If there was a way for the user to change the camera angle, the game would be phenomenal. One of the cool things about the game is that, after the first few missions, it basically becomes one saber duel after another. And, as you beat characters in the game, you can use them in "duel mode," where you can go head to head with the computer or another player as a jedi. You can even unlock Darth Vader, apparently, and there's a way to play the Darth Vader v. Obi-Wan duel from A New Hope.

Dammit... now i wish it would show up in my damn blockbuster so I could rent it for two months :P

the best games I've played so far Star Wars wise were the X-Wing Sims and the Jedi Knight games with the kyle guy... wonder why they stopped making them....

I just came across the original Dark Forces CD the other week. I tried playing it, but it pissed me off too much... can't use the mouse to look or aim, you have to use keys. Too strange.

Once I get a new computer (hopefully later this summer?), I'm gonna go out and buy all the games I've wanted to play for the last few years, since most of them are about $15 now -- although Half-Life 2 is a must-buy at some point.

• 1 month later...

WHAT A WASTE OF A DAY!!!

At 11am, I headed out to the mall. Bought an X-box and purchased "Pirates" and "Knights of the Old Republic". Headed home. So at 1pm I hooked it all up and sat down to play "Pirates". I created my character, and set sail. When I got in a fight with another captain, my controller started vibrating for no reason and an error message popped up "Please insert controller and press start". No matter what I did, the error message wouldn't go away. The controller was definitely in as it was still vibrating out of control.

So, I shut the machine down and restart. Now it says it can't read the disc.

Having had enough of that, I tried Knights of the Old Republic. I created my character (Serena Lox, female soldier 18 str 15 dex ...) and I started the game. The "loading" screen came up and conveniently sat there for 10 minutes. Tried again and it did the same thing.

So I went back to EB Games and said the X-box didn't work. They said they were sold out. I said that's okay, I want a refund. After a discussion with the manager, I got my money back. Head back home, arrive 5pm.

Well, I did find Degrassi Junior High season 2, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Moral of the story: Microsoft and I DO NOT GET ALONG.

So I've downloaded a C64 emulator for the Mac and I'm playing Pirates. :)