Anyone want free DVD rental coupons?

Don

I dunno if this goes in marketplace or not since I'm not selling anything. Admins can move it if required.

I bought a portable DVD player. And it came with 10 coupons for a free DVD rental at Hollywood Video. Unfortunately, there don't appear to be anywhere near here. I'll be within walking distance of one on Sunday when I visit Niagara Falls, but I don't think I want to have to clear customs to use them. :) And it would be a pain in the ass to return them from Ottawa. :P

They all expire at the end of July, but if you can use 2 or 3, let me know and I'll send them off free of charge. I figure I probably paid for them in with the purchase price of the DVD player, so someone better use some of them. :)

FYI - It says on it that you can't use it for game rentals. Only DVD and VHS movies.

Edited by Don

Given that they expire at the end of July, that's a good idea. But I don't want to send one to ten people... be rather expensive to me. Then again, I have about $50 in stamps (people give them to me for Xmas and I don't use them....).

So I'll break it up into 4, 3 & 3. So Sheeps, asking first, gets the 4. Just send me your address in a PM.

Edited by Don

I'll take some if you have any left.  Got a Hollywood Video behind my house.

BTW, you get stamps for Christmas?

My mother puts together a Xmas sock each year for me despite my repeated statement that I'm neither Christian nor Consumerist and therefore would prefer people give money that they would spend on a gift to the food bank. Her response is "I'm your mother... I'm supposed to give you stuff at Christmas".

So, Sheeps and Sammy... one batch of 3 left.

So this is where this thread went!  Check your PM's Don!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the admins hid it. They don't want people getting free DVD rentals. :rolleyes:

Sheep's are already sent. Sammy's will be sent tomorrow. (I'm in Toronto. Coupons are in Ottawa)

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today too! Thanks!

I have to say, at first I was like what's this odd sized envelope from Canada about? Had no other markings on it but the address was hand written. Of course when I opened it all was understood. Anyways, thanks again.

Yeah I read the terms immediately and was like "D'OH!" but it's all good, we have a long list of movies we want to see. We have Netflix, but sometimes you're waiting and waiting and it's easier to take a trip than to wait longer.

Sheep's are already sent. Sammy's will be sent tomorrow. (I'm in Toronto. Coupons are in Ottawa)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just got 'em today

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got mine today too!  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then... sammy's got there a day faster even though I'm in Albany and he's in Texas? Dang! I'm only like five-and-a-half hours driving from Ottawa... Texas is... more than that! :P

Not like I'm upset, it's just weird. We got Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin' first, turns out you have to do one at a time. There's one on the way home from work so now I might get one of those MVP unlimited passes or something...

Edited by sheeps

It said one movie per visit. So do the Subway cards. So a friend asked me to pick him up a sub and gave me his cards and stickers. So I went in and asked for two subs and showed my four cards. They informed me that it was one per visit. So I ordered just one and left. Turned around, went back in and ordered my second.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Funny that.... I sent Sheeps BEFORE my Toronto trip and Sammy's after I got back. Of course, the trip was only 3 days and two of those were a weekend...

That's right sheeps, Texas gets first priortity! Perhaps NJ too, but you aren't there either! Muhaha

I have received some packages from Nova Scotia though via UPS, they take forever...sit in Plattsburgh awaiting customs clearance. What's there to inspect about model airplanes!?

Don, think of the children who are starving while you waste your money mailing these coupons halfway acoss the continent.

Have you no mercy for the black children in Africa?

This isn't the politics forum Jimmy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.