Extremist cleric gets life.. GOOD...

Here's a cleric that obviously hated this country and now he's gonna spend the rest of his life in prison. I can't say I'm feeling too sorry for him!!!!! As far as I am concerned, he deserves everything he gets.

Cleric sentenced

Posted 7/13/2005 11:28 AM Updated 7/13/2005 12:27 PM

Virginia cleric gets life for urging war against USA

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP)

Edited by MaddDog

I agree he got the very least that he deserved, since he didn't actually kill anyone, they can't give him the death penalty, I guess.

But unlike some of you, I may have a slightly different take on this. I don't see him as very different than Tim McVeigh. They both hate this country and its government and are willing to either take or incite violent action against it. And don't tell me McVeigh loved America and just wanted to change certain things about it (which I've been told by certain more conservative elements among my acquaintences but not by anyone here yet) because I don't buy it. He and this guy are terrorists, plain and simple. I have no sympathy for either of them.

Hey- Anyone remember those "loyalty oaths" from the 50s and 60s? When I was in the Army, it seemed that every form had the same question, "Are you now or have you ever been a member of an organizations which promotes the violent overthrow of the United States government?"

Maybe we should reinstitute that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.