Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weekes Head

Niedermayer to Ducks (CONFIRMED)

383 posts in this topic

Sportsnet.ca

Lucky Ducks

The highly coveted defenceman will be playing in the purple jersey of Anaheim this season along with his brother Rob.

Sportsnet.ca -- Amidst a flurry of speculation and flat out guessing, Scott Niedermayer's destination of choice has been disclosed.

Edited by RD

Welcome back, Brian Rafalski.

EDIT: Merely speculation on my part.

Edited by Rowdyfan42

Lucky Ducks

The highly coveted defenceman will be playing in the purple jersey of Anaheim this season along with his brother Rob.

Sportsnet.ca -- Amidst a flurry of speculation and flat out guessing, Scott Niedermayer's destination of choice has been disclosed.

Also: Forsberg | Flames | Oilers | 'Nucks | Habs Free agent tracker

Sportsnet has learned the NHL's most coveted free agent defenseman has agreed to a 4 year, 28 million dollar deal to join his brother Rob Niedermayer in Anaheim.

The Ducks will also announce they have re-signed Rob for 4 years at 2 million per and industry sources suggest this may have been part of the deal. Although, younger brother Rob, also an NHL veteran is a big part of Anaheim's plan.

Sources tell Sportsnet Mighty Ducks gm, Brian Burke's aggressive pursuit of the longtime New Jersey Devils standout included a trip to the Niedermayer's hometown of Cranbrook, B.C, before he returned to Vancouver where to focus on getting a deal done with the agent, Kevin Epp of Titan Sports Management.

This news is devestating for Devils boss Lou Lamoriello who offered the maximum, 7.8 per year for 5 years to keep Niedermayer in his New Jersey family. "The hardest part for Scott, was talking to Lou and letting him know he wouldn't be returning to New Jersey", said Kevin Epp who represents the Niedermayers along with Jarrett Bousquet at Titan Sports Management.

However, in the end, Scott Niedermayer's real family prevails. The Mighty Ducks surface as the winner in a race that included many teams with Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver among the most interested.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...804_081135_6140

Some things I'll never understand.

mother fvcker

That's a thanks to the Devils and their fans.

Welcome back, Brian Rafalski.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so as of today, we still have minimal offense and our d just got a lot weaker even if you bring back rafalski and stevens. ugh..this may not be a good season. lou should get bondra on the phone and get him cheap if possible. they need offense!

Gee I guess his mother will never have to worry about rooting for the wrong son now...... so long sucker !!

OUCH! We have money to spend on Defense!!!

Swing a deal for Boyton, they have Leetch now.

Lou offered the max of 7.8 and he still turned it down ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At five years, too. Oh well. Thanks Scott.

So what good D-men are left to sign?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fvcking none. Other than Raf.

well lou's got alot of cap room to work with now, let's see what he can do.

on defense there's of course rafalski, hamrlik, numinen, and maybe malakhov.

Wish him well, hope he enjoys playing golf when we are in the playoffs

I don't hold Lou responsible for this at all. Nieds kissed us goodbye winning the Norris trophy on awards night. This is a big blow, but I have faith that Lou will pull out another miracle and make us even better. Like has always been able to do.

In Lou we trust!!!

Oh no, I don't hold Lou accountable either -- he offered the max, nothing more he can do than that.

Let's get Hamrlik and Raffy now, eh?

EDIT: I'm obviously really pissed off. The entire Niedermayer family can burn in hell.

Edited by NJayDevil

I don't hold Lou responsible for this at all.  Nieds kissed us goodbye winning the Norris trophy on awards night.  This is a big blow, but I have faith that Lou will pull out another miracle and make us even better.  Like has always been able to do.

In Lou we trust!!!

kool1.jpg