Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

Amazingly, they still haven't reported the Bruins signings.  I'm pretty sure its not BS because it was on the team's site for frickin' sake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=132209&hubName=nhl

Bruins sign wingers Murray, McEachern

TSN.ca Staff

8/2/2005 2:34:55 PM

The Boston Bruins have agreed to terms with right wings Glen Murray and Shawn McEachern, it was announced today by general manager Mike O'Connell.

Both players were unrestricted free agents, and in keeping with club policy, terms of the contract were not released. The Bruins did say that Murray got a 4-year deal, whlie McEachern signed for two seasons.

Murray, 32, has played the last three NHL seasons with the Bruins, after returning to the team in October, 2001 that made him their first pick, 18th overall, in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft. Murray has scored 30-or-more goals in each of his last three NHL seasons, including a career-high of 44 in 2002-03 with the Bruins.

The 6'3", 225 lb. native of Halifax, Nova Scotia has played 13 NHL seasons with Boston, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles with career NHL totals of 268 goals, 255 assists and 523 points with 533 penalty minutes in 823 career NHL games. He has played in two NHL All-Star Games in 2003 and 2004.

McEachern, 36, returns to Boston where he played during the 1995-96 season. The 5'11", 200 lb. native of Waltham, MA was Pittsburgh's sixth pick, 110th overall, in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft. He turned pro in 1992 following an outstanding three-year career at Boston University. He has played 13 NHL seasons with Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Boston, Ottawa and Atlanta.

He spent the 2004-05 season with Malmo in Sweden with 1-2=3 totals and 26 PIM in 16 games. In 883 career NHL games, he has 254 goals, 317 assists and 571 points with 484 penalty minutes.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for my theory that Chicago is just waiting in the wings for bargain basement players in September.

Adrian Aucoin. 4 years @ $4m/year. Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a great signing. They got the most underrated D-man and he can anchor their blueline. Can play in any situation and log tons of ice-time. And what's more? He's a bargain at that price thanks to what Columbus paid Foote. And best of all, Aucoin is in his prime.

Man, what are the Islanders going to do to replace him and Jonsson?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=132177&hubName=

It mentions near the bottom of that article that :

"Kevin Epp, the agent for free agent defenseman Scott Niedermayer, says he's disappointed the Flyers have not called. It's believed Niedermayer's reported $7-million asking price was just too high for Clarke."

At least we won't have to see Nieds in orange and white next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL... good. I'd pay him 6. But the way the market's going, he just might get what he wants.

I wanna friggen hear "Devils sign..." instead of all these other teams! COMEEEE ON!

I feel the same way.... but sign who with what $$$ ?

Nieds is making us wait around.

My guess is you will hear Raffi signing somewhere very soon.

I wanna friggen hear "Devils sign..." instead of all these other teams! COMEEEE ON!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the same way.... but sign who with what $$$ ?

Nieds is making us wait around.

My guess is you will hear Raffi signing somewhere very soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no doubt...I guess this is what we get for being Devils fans :lol:

I guess I should still check TSN.  I was referring to Sportsnet not having the Bruins signings while reporting that Demitra signed with the Kings with no sources.

I don't know about their main site, but Sportsnet's free agent tracker has the Bruins signings (but not Demitra... yet).

Edited by Rowdyfan42

Who and what is OTG? You have said this in the past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry. OTG stand for outsidethegarden.com. It's where I post for Ranger stuff. As usual Rowdy beats me to it :).

Edited by Derek21

Kings' ransom for Demitra

Sportsnet.ca -- There's no singing the Blues for free agent forward Pavol Demitra.

Sportsnet has learned Pavol Demitra has agreed to a 3-year, $13.5 million dollar deal with the Los Angeles Kings.

Demitra scored 23 goals, adding 35 assists in 68 games for St. Louis during the 2003-04 season.

While Demitra is on the way in, it looks like longtime Kings sniper Jason Allison is on the way out. Sources tell Sportsnet that the Toronto Maple Leafs are close to signing the free agent forward.

It is also widely speculated that the Stars' Mike Modano and Toronto's Brian Leetch will be signing in Boston.

It is also widely speculated that the Stars' Mike Modano and Toronto's Brian Leetch will be signing in Boston.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ugh the teams around us are really stacking up, aren't they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh, yes. Life as a Devil's fan.

Boring summers, trades before the deadline leaving us bored on the actual day.

In Lou we trust, but it can be frustrating.

I woke up from my nice little nap, and i find out we signed freaking murray...ugh. At least it isn't madona....i don't really like this signing. He is a one dimensional overrated scorer, who is too streaky for my liking, and only good when playing with thornton. When joe's gone murray is nothing. My liking of this signing depends on his price and if joe stays. If we REALLY get madona, i don't want this.

Mchrean...very nice signing. Now just bring back greener and sign a solid center.

the demeitra signing probably signals about what satan will get (namely about $4M per). which means no chance for the devils to sign him.

forsberg and naslund will probably each get around $5-$6M. i still see the rangers getting them as a pair. neider will get $6M-$7M per...and my bet is it's from the Devils.

Don't expect to see "Devils sign...." too often. We have ALL THE FORWARDS THAT WE CAN HANDLE. I think the goaltender we have is okay. We just need two men on D.

Funny though. Some teams, either by fate or by plan, have to start basically from scratch. They have a dozen holes to fill. Lou on the other hand has just two or three. We're going to be one of the few teams that sees 90% of the same players we had last season. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.