Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brodeurfanatic

Elias agrees to 1-year deal with Devils

29 posts in this topic

But Jas0n, what if the salary cap ceiling were to come down after this season? That would result in lower monetary offers. It's kind of like Niedermayer shunning the Devils' offer last summer so he could test the waters of free agency. He still made out well, but it's two steps below NJ's previous offer.

Not trying to be snippy, it's an honest question.

Edited by insanity_gallops

Sorry but if I were the Devils, in this situation, I'd only give him one year and see how he does first before committing a long-term deal like some of the other teams are doing with their stars.

Hopefully his mind hasn't changed since he made the quote that is in my signature.

But Jas0n, what if the salary cap ceiling were to come down after this season? That would result in lower monetary offers. It's kind of like Niedermayer shunning the Devils' offer last summer so he could test the waters of free agency. He still made out well, but it's two steps below NJ's previous offer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually given the rollback, Nieds would probably be making about $6 million post-cap if he'd signed the rumored $8 million deal so in a strange way it worked out for him, even though he ironically took the lesser offer from the Ducks.