Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaNJD

Ahonen

12 posts in this topic

I was just on the Rats website. Ari Ahonen wasn't on the roster. Is he pissed Clemmensen beat him out for Martys back up and was traded?

Edited by PaNJD

It would appear they're in the process of updating the roster as we speak.

I thought there were rumors that Ahonen wasn't happy not being in the NHL, maybe he is thinking about playing in Europe instead now that he failed to make the Devils?

Why don't we wait for the Rats' web goober to finish updating the roster before we jump to any conclusions, okay? :)

I wasn't jumping to conclusions, I was just stating a thought. Can you say for sure he isn't thinking about playing in Europe? Supposedly he thought about it before training camp even started. So it is a possibility and something to think about when it comes to his future with the Devils if they have to worry about him possible spurning north america for europe at any point.

I am going to throw out a question for some of the more knowledgable posters here, didn't think this deserved its own thread so here it is: Do you feel that it would be beneficial to trade Ahonen for another prospect or a draft pick? I doubt he will ever get a chance to play for the Devils and I was wondering if we could get some value for him before he bolts to Europe or just rots away in the minors. Also if they do trade him, what do you think the Devils could realistically get in return?

The Devils might've been able to get something for him back when he was drafted, but today, forget about it. It seems like everybody's got a couple of goalie prospects nowadays, and his stock has fallen due to the bad teams he's been on. I'm surprised Lou managed to convince him to come back this season; I thought for sure Ari was a goner back in the summer when he signed in Finland.

Maybe if Ari does well this year we could trade him for something but right now I think they are going to hang on to Ari because Doyle is horrible.

If nothing else, Ahonen will be kept because I don't think the Devils would completely trust Clemmy to carry the load if the situation called for it...

Clemmensen is an extremely inconsistent goaltender. He might be suited for a backup role because of that, but if he has a couple of bad games, I don't see Lou having a high tolerance for it. Ari still has a shot, IMO.

Clemmensen is an extremely inconsistent goaltender. He might be suited for a backup role because of that, but if he has a couple of bad games, I don't see Lou having a high tolerance for it. Ari still has a shot, IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting because I always thought of Ari as the inconsistant goalie, and Clemmer as a much more even player. Maybe it's just because Ari's high and low are so extreme. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting because I always thought of Ari as the inconsistant goalie, and Clemmer as a much more even player. Maybe it's just because Ari's high and low are so extreme. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno, Clemmensen just always seemed bizzare to me, especially while handling the puck. He might have better numbers than Ahonen, but I've always thought as Clemmer as being the inconsistent one. Not to say Ari is really consistent, though. Clemmensen just seems unreliable at times, and I think if Ari has a good defense in front of him, he can be great. But so could Clemmensen. But that's my opinion, but right now, they are both pretty much a wash.