• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lgmamazin

Captain

12 posts in this topic

What does everyone think of the organizations move not to name a captain and to go with three players wearing an A? just wondering?

this is what happens when your captain to be eats a feces burger at a siberian airport.

I wouldn't mind if they go with 3 A's simply because this team is full of leaders and role players. Normally I am for a C and 2 A's but this is a unique situation.

agreed, this time. if they were a younger team it would be different.

this squad can play for awhile without a definite C.

going into the playoffs though, it would be better to have one.

It makes sense.

this is what happens when your captain to be eats a feces burger at a siberian airport.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I think Elias will get the C when he returns.

No way, I think Madden should get it. No doubt, Elias is a gifted winger who comes to play almost every night, but who embodies the Devils' lunch pail ethic and team first attitude better than John Madden?

Besides, Elias smiles too much to lead this team. Need a fairly serious man for the job... he definitely gets an A though

give it to Matvichuk, I hear that giving the "C" to free agent defenseman is the trend these days. :rolleyes:

Why not Brylin for captain? :boogie: He is the only remaining skater (non-goaltender) from the 3 Stanley Cups. He is always overlooked and under appreciated. He did score the first and last goals against the Pens. Nice "book ends". He is steady, reliable and under the radar. If no C for him, at least make Sarge an alternate.

Of course Marty is always going to be the unofficial captain since goalkeepers can't be captains....I think.

Edited by hattrick

I don't see the big deal in the rush to name a captain anyway... geesh!!

most important thing here... leadership is not determined by a letter on your jersey... it's more a symbolic thing and a face of the team kinda thing, and in that way it kinda makes sense to NOT have a captain... I like the faceless idea for this team

(but all that aside it better be Madden if someone gets it!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats GREAT!!! :rofl: