El Diablo

DEVIL INSIDE

211 posts in this topic

Hope you stick around regardless of the outcome once the series is over!

Thanks. And yes, I can stick around. I love the NHL, which is a totally underrated sport as far as I am concerned.

I'm 50 yrs old, grew up a Rangers fan, my son who is now 17, was at the doctor's office for a checkup and Scott Stevens had been there also. He asked him for his autograph, not only did he sign it but he sat and talked with him for a few minutes. To this day he still talks about that and that was like almost 8 years ago, became a fan that day.. Go to about 8 games per season.

I'm 50 yrs old, grew up a Rangers fan, my son who is now 17, was at the doctor's office for a checkup and Scott Stevens had been there also. He asked him for his autograph, not only did he sign it but he sat and talked with him for a few minutes. To this day he still talks about that and that was like almost 8 years ago, became a fan that day.. Go to about 8 games per season.

Welcome!

Started as an Islander fan till they came to Jersey. Had season ticket back in the 80's and 90's. Even went to some road games back then !  Still watch every game and follow closely the team. Met a few players over the years in supermarkets , Johnny Mac, Dan-o, Bruce Driver, Perry Anderson, Peter Mcnab, Kurt Muller. My first game in early 80's I remember fans yelling, " Hit him with your purse ",  to Phil Russell.It was the last game of the season that year and I took a girl there for her first NHL game. She loved it  !

so I'm new here and to hockey. I want to bring my 6 year old to a Devil game. IS there anything special for kids at the game?

I'm a long time Devils fan from SW Ohio. I first started following them when the NHL came to Ohio with the Blue Jackets in 2000. Brodeur and Stevens were the main reason I picked the Devils as my favorite team, but I quickly became a fan of the entire organization. I go see the Devils play in Columbus as much as I can, and I had Center Ice for many years as well.

With the trade for Hall I haven't been this excited about the Devils since they landed Kovalchuk and made the Cup run in 2012. I recently found this forum and after lurking a bit I figured I'd join. I'm also planning my first trip to the Prudential Center this October to finally see a Devils home game. Can't wait for the season to start.

Welcome, hopefully you picked a good time to visit the Rock!

41 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Welcome, hopefully you picked a good time to visit the Rock!

Thanks for the welcome. :cheers:

We're planning on the last weekend in October. I wanted to see them play the Lightning. I know Newark gets a bad wrap, but the arena itself looks amazing from what I can tell. I particularly want to see the Marty statue and all the murals and stuff. 

On 8/20/2016 at 9:08 PM, Nicomo said:

Thanks for the welcome. :cheers:

We're planning on the last weekend in October. I wanted to see them play the Lightning. I know Newark gets a bad wrap, but the arena itself looks amazing from what I can tell. I particularly want to see the Marty statue and all the murals and stuff. 

The Rock IS impressive. Great layout and lots of cool sh!t to look at. Enjoy, and welcome Willkommen.gif