American Idol 2006

Weekes Head

Well, it's that time of year again -- the chaos that is American Idol. Last night's show was a bit too much for me, I'd rather have seen a FEW more good auditions. They seem to focus too much on the terrible auditions, it gets old after a while. But damn, Simon has been BRUTAL so far. He's always mean, but this year he seems worse than ever. I couldn't believe it when he actually told that one dude to shave his beard and become a woman...that's just cold IMO. Not cool.

Anyways, I liked that Paris Hilton tanning girl -- the one where Simon asked her about her tan and she responded "my name is so-and-so..,"

Simon responds "Yeah but what about your tan?"

"Hee-hee...well I'm from..."

Simon: "Your tan?"

"Uhh...I'm gonna sing..."

That was probably the funniest part of the show :giggle:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with AI is that we have seen so much of it before. I mean bad singers are funny to an extent but they have to be so monumentally bad to be new and interesting now. Someone would need to slug Simon a la Jerry Springer to be interesting.

What I don't understand is why, unless you were *really* good, would you go through the days of waiting and standing in line for two minutes that will most likely not be on TV? They said there were over 10,000 people who auditioned in Chicago yesterday. How many did we actually see on TV? Less than 100.

I read an article today about how Kelly Clarkson refused to let them use her songs.. since they need permission from all the people. What an ungrateful bitch

See now doesn't that depend on how slave-like her contract was up to this point with AI ??

We don't know that, but I'd bet a safe amount of money they squeezed her records for all they were worth and maybe now she gets a chance to squeeze back and they didn't like it ??

Anything you ever hear or see from her she doesn't seem like the ungrateful diva type :noclue:

well she got out of her contract.. because of the money they were taking.. but she signed the cotnract to begin with when she joined the show.. if you want to get your chance at fame that way..suck it up..

she got out of it... fired the dude.. and got a new producer or whatever.. and has done great since also...

she has no ties with them in that sense anymore.. but then to say FU to all the viewers who voted for ya.. and say..you wont hear my songs..since it really is for the viewers.. i think is not good.

I have heard that Fantasia is the Nicest idol and only one that hasnt changed... i hate her singing but.. at least she seems like a good person

why cant she understand them?

i wouldnt be able to understand them if she sang them...

oh wait..cause shes illiterate.. i get it..

but dont illiterate people know what things mean.. just dont know how to read them?

ok maybe you were kidding :)

Edited by langsgirl

You know what's worse than American Idol??? CANADIAN IDOL!!!! OMG that's freakin terrible!!! :blink:

According to this canoe poll, Canadians agree with you Annabelle. CI *sucks*. Star Acadamie is better than that schlock.

-----------------------------------

What's your favourite 'Idol'?

American Idol 20%

Canadian Idol 12%

Billy Idol 68%

-----------------------------------

I voted for Billy. :) Wid dat Rebel Yell!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Figured I'd bump this since now it's down to the final 24, first four audience cuts this week.

I wonder if Idol will beat the Olympics in the ratings :lol: Probably, the Olympics will concede the 8-10 hours by having the first figure skaters, speed skaters and the bobsled competition and save the highlight skaters for the 10-12 slot :P

The Tivo is taking Idol so I am watching the Olympics. They are showing our second ranked skater now. I don't think NBC is going to concede two hours. It can't.

EDIT: And that is what they did. They showed the early part of the figure skating between 8 and 8:30ish and then nothing until now. NBC knows they cannot compete with American Idol.

Edited by PeteyNice

AMERICAN IDOL DRINKING GAME

Take 1 shot for every time Randy says:

- "dawg" or "dawg pound"

- "it was just aiight for me"

- "pitchy" (this goes for Paula and Simon too)

- "you worked it out" (obviously, take an extra shot if he appends "dawg" to that)

Take 1 shot for every time Paula sounds like she's either drunk or on drugs. Take an extra shot if she looks heavily Botoxed as well.

Take 1 shot whenever Paula and Simon are diametrically opposed on a contestant's performance.

Take 1 shot for every time Simon gets yelled at by a contestant or booed by the audience.

Take 1 shot for every time Simon makes a disparaging remark about Ryan's sexuality.

Finish off your drink at the end of the show when Ryan says, "Seacrest, OUT!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any other rules?

The Tivo is taking Idol so I am watching the Olympics. They are showing our second ranked skater now. I don't think NBC is going to concede two hours. It can't.

EDIT: And that is what they did. They showed the early part of the figure skating between 8 and 8:30ish and then nothing until now. NBC knows they cannot compete with American Idol.

Yeah plus that's what NBC (and every other network) does anyway, keeps drawing it out, drawing it out so you watch the whole damn show, ignoring that people can lose interest the later you start the main part of your program and want to go to bed :rant: And Cohen was the last skater to go in the competition so it's not like they weren't gonna save that one. I think the top speedskaters were also among the last to go in that competition.

EDIT: Now that I've seen the tape and what they actually had on, I'd hardly call showing the 1500 m 'showing nothing', that was a big deal with this whole Davis/Hedrick thing. I'm surprised they showed the finish at 9-9:30, I thought they'd draw that out too :P

Back to Idol, I did watch that since I figured correctly there'd be next to nothing to watch between 8-10 on NBC, eh like half the singers were boring-okay and half were good. Maybe one or two really sucked (Becky, who the judges were surprisingly lenient with, compared to a couple others). I don't understand how Paris can have such a good signing voice and such a god-awful talking voice :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Being the last person competing only matters if the event is shown live. When you are showing the whole thing on tape you can put them in any order you want.

For me, I was more interested in watching Sledding and Speed Skating than the figure skating anyway unless I had heard earlier in the day that someone had a massive fall or something which I didn't.

I have not watched a minute of this show this season. So based on the mugs on their website I shall put my support behind Becky O'Donohue.

Please don't tell me she's been ousted already, although I'll probably be told she's the worst of the bunch! :P

I watched the entire AI tonight, and i could not tell you anyones names or what they sang...hmmm..I CAN say that Paula Abdul's face looks frightening...like it's about to fall off or something, and why does she feel the need to gush about everyone? Perhaps looking for her next boytoy? dunno..

Now that I have watched AI, a few comments. They were lenient with Becky because she is hot. Otherwise she would probably not even be this far. The problem I had with last night is that so many people sang simillar bubble gum pop songs. I know that is what AI is ultimately about but at this stage you need to stand out from the field and you can't really do that if you sing the same song as everyone else. Paris was great, Lisa something was good and the last girl that went was pretty good too. Otherwise it was just a lot of the same thing and that is not a positive.

I swear, I couldn't tell 95% of them apart -- they all sounded, looked, and dressed alike. The only performance I *really* liked was that one really young black girl with the shorter hair. The other young black girl was good too, but I didn't think she sounded as amazing as the judges made her out to be.

That opera-type girl Stevie was God awful. She better get the boot.

The short black girl is Paris, the other black girl is Lisa.

I hope the guys going tonight do better.

Ah yeah, Paris. It's going to take me a long time to remember the names, so I'm not going to bother until the final 12 anyways. I gotta say though, Paris' face looks EXACTLY like Bailey's from Grey's Anatomy!

That heavy set girl was pretty good too...something with an M? Mandesa or something? I know it was a different name.

Looking at the Idols, for the guys, I :wub: this guy:

chris.jpg

He was my favorite from the initial auditions, so I hope he really does well. It also helps he's really hot and has a sexy voice :wub: :wub: That smile!

Oh, and Lisa TOTALLY looks like a star. She has that girl-next-door-yet-I'm-going-to-break-you-heart look. I think she's going to go far easy. Reminds me a bit of a potentially more-talented Vonzell.

If it were up to me, these two would get the boot:

stevie.jpg

Stevie Scott

brenna.jpg

Brenna Gethers

but

kellie.jpg

Kellie Pickler

really sucked too IMO

Ah yeah, Paris. It's going to take me a long time to remember the names, so I'm not going to bother until the final 12 anyways. I gotta say though, Paris' face looks EXACTLY like Bailey's from Grey's Anatomy!

That heavy set girl was pretty good too...something with an M? Mandesa or something? I know it was a different name.

Looking at the Idols, for the guys, I :wub: this guy:

chris.jpg

He was my favorite from the initial auditions, so I hope he really does well. It also helps he's really hot and has a sexy voice :wub: :wub: That smile!

Oh, and Lisa TOTALLY looks like a star. She has that girl-next-door-yet-I'm-going-to-break-you-heart look. I think she's going to go far easy. Reminds me a bit of a potentially more-talented Vonzell.

If it were up to me, these two would get the boot:

stevie.jpg

Stevie Scott

but

kellie.jpg

Kellie Pickler

really sucked too IMO

RD,

Chris Daughtry is my favorite guy so far too. He doesn't sing like he's been castrated. :lol: I get sick of listening to those guys who sing like girls after a while.

As for the girls... am I the ONLY one here who dislikes Paris?? She acts way too 'cutesy', like she thinks she's hot sh!t. Her voice, imo, isn't THAT strong and she relies more on her stage performance and dancing. I am getting Mantasia vibes from her and I COULD NOT stand Mantasia. :puke: I think Mandisa, Katharine, and Ayla were decent last night. I don't think Melissa had the best song-performance but I DO like her vocal tone, so I'd like her to stick around a bit longer (not to mention she got no air time before this, not really fair). Lisa wasn't that bad but she was a bit boring to me, plus she tended to sing the notes in the same tone. Too pageanty-star search for my liking.. oh, she WAS on Star Search once, huh?? :lol:

Brenna, Stevie, Heather, Becky, Kinnik, and KELLIE pretty much sucked ass to varying degrees. I don't get the Pickler Love Fest from the judges. It's like, "you're a nice girl even if you were horrid"?? She's like an ultra crappy version of Carrie. Nice way to pimp and get her some fan votes. Look at how they ripped on people like Melissa and Ayla, yet I thought they were better than Kellie for sure. This show is so biased, manipulated, and rigged. :lol:

Considering most of these females weren't that great, I think it's safe to say the show will heavily pimp a WHITE GUY this season and want him to win.

Ooh my friend lives in Dobbs Ferry. DUDE SHE HAS A TWIN SISTER SAMMY. THERE'S ONE FOR EACH OF US!

Anyway, I'm pulling for KEVIN COVAIS. fvck the system!

:lol: Simon's worse nightmare, having to market that Harry Potter kid!! I haven't quite decided how much I like Kevin yet. He's sounded both good and semi-crappy in the earlier rounds. I think he's better than the Teen Sinatra wanna be David Radford, though.

I had told myself last season I'd boycott voting for good but now I'm tempted to vote for Covais or Taylor Hicks to piss off Simon!!

As for the girls... am I the ONLY one here who dislikes Paris?? She acts way too 'cutesy', like she thinks she's hot sh!t. Her voice, imo, isn't THAT strong and she relies more on her stage performance and dancing.

Actually the stage performance didn't really do a lot for me yesterday, I thought it was kinda over the top. I just happen to like her voice more - when she isn't talking :lol: I don't really get the arrogant vibe from her yet - although obviously she's going to be more comfortable in the spotlight than your normal 16-year old and she did come off slightly disingenuous when she was all sad when Randy asked her how she thought she did in Hollywood.

I didn't think Kellie was 'that' terrible last night though I agree she does get overrated and superhyped :P

I did like Mandisa the most last night, she had the best combo of voice and personality in her performance IMO.

Edited by Hasan4978