Marty...

langs15

A few posters on the New Jersey board confirmed that the Devils color man Randy Velischek said the WFAN660 broadcast tonight that Marty has agreed to six more years for $30 million.

If true, $5 million a season is a huge bargain for the best goalie in hockey.

Also quite sure it'll include a no-trade clause.

I saw this on the hf boards...is it true or just a BIG rumour???

I wouldn't be all that suprised if this rumor was true...Marty has been playing for less than he's worth for awhile now. He has made it perfectly clear that he intends to remain a Devil until he's done, besides his kids are here...blah, blah, blah..It's all good.

I remembered Brodeur signed a 5-yr deal with the team after losing in the Stanley Cup Final. This is his 4th year of his contract, I think the team should worry about the contract of the EGG line instead of Brodeur at this point.

Locking up Marty NOW at a semi-discount rate NOW (this will look real cheap by year 3 or 4 I'd assume as the cap goes up a bit) does make it easier for the Devils to maintain the current talent level... this is one of those things you learn from all the salary capped NFL Sheninagians!!

Elias, Gionta and Gomez (I hate that damn name for that line :P)... will be taken care of accordingly... and now the Devils indvid salary cap is set at $5 mil a year too.. how can you ask for more then Marty ?

The Devils always make some shocking deals (the Arnott trade, Sykora.....), Iguess LOU will makesome changes in the deadline for sure. I think Langenbrunner, Kozlov, Hale, White and Clemmensen (along with Langdon, Oliwa) are the trade baits.
Well I did hear Gomez wanted a long term contract. I heard the number 4 million a year for 4 years.

Screw him...4 Million? :doh1:

No chance that he gets 4 Million for 4 years with the likes of Parise, Zajac, Vrana, and Khomutov in the system.

No chance that he gets 4 Million for 4 years with the likes of Parise, Zajac, Vrana, and Khomutov in the system.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't go lower. It's just what he would take if it was offered. But the good news is that he doesn want a long term contract. I would say his range is somewhere around 3 or 3.5 million a year. He's making I believe 2.5 now. That might be true but neither one of them have done what Scott has done. They only have potential.

Edited by sandman441

That doesn't mean he wouldn't go lower. It's just what he would take if it was offered. But the good news is that he doesn want a long term contract. I would say his range is somewhere around 3 or 3.5 million a year. He's making I believe 2.5 now. That might be true but neither one of them have done what Scott has done. They only have potential.

That's certainly true, but I think Gomez not wanting a long-term deal lends itself well to the Devils situation at center. Quite a bit of depth there in the system. I would sign him 1, 2 years max.

That's certainly true, but I think Gomez not wanting a long-term deal lends itself well to the Devils situation at center. Quite a bit of depth there in the system. I would sign him 1, 2 years max.

I mistyped. I meant to say he wants a long term deal or at the very least if one is offered he wouldn't be against staying in Jersey.

I even looked over the post to make sure I typed it right :doh1:

Edited by sandman441

Well I guess we got the scoop straight from the little birdie's mouth there :) I don't know why the announcer would get it wrong and say it was done when it wasn't, maybe someone misinterpreted him or he got the wrong info. Lou'll give him a slap on the wrist :evil:

Maybe they could announce Brodeur's extension on Stevens night :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

Do you really think any of those guys will come oin and do what gomez does??

he's your first line center, 3.5 mil for 4 years is not out of line...

Do you really think any of those guys will come oin and do what gomez does??

he's your first line center, 3.5 mil for 4 years is not out of line...

I agree gomer is worth 3 1/2 a season the other guys still need to devolop unless you want Parise to be our first line center :doh1: