THE CAPTAIN'S NIGHT

MantaRay

it's possible that ESPN will show highlights but it won't be carried live anywhere except FSNY.

I just checked OLN and they are showing hunting well conservation initiatives within hunting and fishing. Nice job OLN again :doh1: . You would think whenever a star player retires the hockey channel would show it. Did they show the Ron Francis ceremony or has that not happened yet?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked OLN and they are showing hunting well conservation initiatives within hunting and fishing. Nice job OLN again :doh1: . You would think whenever a star player retires the hockey channel would show it. Did they show the Ron Francis ceremony or has that not happened yet?

I beleive Francis was last week...

but lets be honest, they are not really a hockey channel.. hockey is just a hobby

If they didn't show Messier (and they didn't) they aren't going to show Stevens. While Stevens was the man, I doubt there is much interest outside of the metro area to see his number retired. Although I imagine that some people will want to see it just as a final confirmation that he will no longer terrorize them.

If they didn't show Messier (and they didn't) they aren't going to show Stevens. While Stevens was the man, I doubt there is much interest outside of the metro area to see his number retired. Although I imagine that some people will want to see it just as a final confirmation that he will no longer terrorize them.

Oh no ... they did show something on Mess called " Raised to the Rafters" or something like that ad nauseam last week... :puke:

From the Press Conference he had today that they showed on SportsCentre...

He said he wasn't going to get very emotional and that he hadn't seen the Messer or Francis retirement ceremonies because he didn't want to get himself all nervous.

They showed the banner hanging and I must say it looks sweet.

Edited by devilsrule33

From the Press Conference he had today that they showed on SportsCentre...

He said he wasn't going to get very emotional and that he hadn't seen the Messer or Francis retirement ceremonies because he didn't want to get himself all nervous.

They showed the banner hanging and I must say it looks sweet.

IT'S UP ALREADY?!?!? UGH. I hope that it was just a test run and they raise that baby to the rafters tomorrow night. It would be a disgrace if they didn't. Come to think of it, didn't they show the 2003 Cup banner in the rafters before the banner raising too, like a dress rehersal?

I'll be there and my eyes will be fixed on a guy that I admire very, very much as a player, leader, and ambassador of this game that I love so much. I remain now and forever a lifetime member of the Scoot Stevens Fan Club.

There was none better at his position of choice nor will there ever be again.

Pride will be in my heart and tears will be in my eyes.

Oh Captain..........my captain.....

Damn it!!!!! What a warrior!!!!!

I love you, buddy. You will be dearly missed. Hell.....you already are. :evilcry:

IceThief

I'll be there tonight for the game. It's going to be great, my eyes will most likely fill with tears when they raise the banner. I loved watching him all these years. Go Devils! I hope they kill the Canes tonight!

Does anyone think the Devils should retire the position of Captain with the retirement of Stevens' number? I mean we can still have Elias and Madden? I think as the Assistant Captains.

I'll be there and my eyes will be fixed on a guy that I admire very, very much as a player, leader, and ambassador of this game that I love so much. I remain now and forever a lifetime member of the Scoot Stevens Fan Club.

There was none better at his position of choice nor will there ever be again.

Pride will be in my heart and tears will be in my eyes.

Oh Captain..........my captain.....

Damn it!!!!! What a warrior!!!!!

I love you, buddy. You will be dearly missed. Hell.....you already are. :evilcry:

IceThief

Yeah man, I'll be ful of pride and tears too. I can't imagine how emotional this is going to be. Along with Marino, Scotty is my favorite athlete of all time. I went to Canton to see Dan get inducted into the HOF, and I cried at that, so I know I'll cry tonight. And ladies- typically, it's only things like this that get us to cry. :D

Hopefully a "Thank you Scotty" chant will start. That would be a pretty good show of respect from the crowd. :hail:

i hope they don't ruin the ceremony playing some cheesey bon jovi song or that dreadful "simply the best" song...

True, it would be nice to use a different song. Hopefully "One Thing" by Finger Eleven

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.