OoT scoreboard

Satans Hockey

How about the Bruins killing Ottowa 5-0 in the 2nd? Bad night for Emery.

I was actually saying this to some people before....but maybe now its time to re-assess the Thornton trade.

Marco Sturm has been VERY solid for the Bruins...and boy has Brad Stuart stabilized that teams blueline.

Dont look now, but Boston is right back in the thick of the playoff race.

Bergeron is stepping up, Leetch is back and if Glen Murray comes back strong, watch this team.

I was actually saying this to some people before....but maybe now its time to re-assess the Thornton trade.

Marco Sturm has been VERY solid for the Bruins...and boy has Brad Stuart stabilized that teams blueline.

Dont look now, but Boston is right back in the thick of the playoff race.

Bergeron is stepping up, Leetch is back and if Glen Murray comes back strong, watch this team.

murray won't come back strong, he sucks. bergeron is a point per game or something since the thornton trade. His chemistry with sturm is just incredible. They can kill you on the rush, but bergeron is also a fantastic cycler of the puck.

wayne primeau has been lost in the shuffle of this trade time and time again. This guy hustles non stop. He plays a lot like his brother and is just an outstanding player.

Stuart has been their best dman since being picked up.

despite this mini 8 or so game resurgence i'm still skeptical. They might make the playoffs, but this team is so bi-polar this year i just don't trust them.

wayne primeau has been lost in the shuffle of this trade time and time again. This guy hustles non stop. He plays a lot like his brother and is just an outstanding player.

Stuart has been their best dman since being picked up.

despite this mini 8 or so game resurgence i'm still skeptical. They might make the playoffs, but this team is so bi-polar this year i just don't trust them.

Man you know I must admit my oversight about Primeau...he dosent get the numbers on the stat sheet so much...but you are so right about the hustle...he gives the bruins a lot of energy

Clown:

I can jsut hear Derek21 now....Rangers blowing a 2-0 3rd period lead

I listened to it on the radio and knew it was coming. So I didn't have much of a reaction. Could just tell. The Flyers' style was starting to wear them down. At least that's how it sounded, though some fans on OTG felt the Flyers got very lucky bounces. Whatever. Didn't they blow the whistle early twice which took away Philly goals?

I always say the breaks even out. When a team comes back like that, it's usually because they were on the attack more controlling the play, which is how it sounded. Bottom line is they gave up too many shots (26) the last two periods. They did register 17 but still the 26 was too much. You can't do that in this league anymore.

This is by far the worst loss of the season because of what it meant. Especially against that piece of crap team. I LOATHE the Flyers.

And once it went to OT, I knew it was hopeless. They are just a better team.

So, I am posing this question to the fans who watched this game tonight. Do you agree with what this poster said? Thanks in advance.

The Flyers ARE NOT the better team. It took 2 crazy ass deflections to get pucks past Henrik. The grinding was handled, there were very few chances off of their cycle. The first goal was right from a face-off, the tying goal after some tentative clearing attempts led to a deflected shot from the point, and the winner was off the rush. Sorry, but 4 points in the standings does not make them a better team. They were more fortunate tonight. Rangers definitely out-chanced them tonight, and failed to bury some real good opportunities. Can't blame any one player. Just a couple of bad bounces in a tight game. There's 5 more against these jerks .....

Edited by Derek21

The Flyers ARE NOT the better team. It took 2 crazy ass deflections to get pucks past Henrik. The grinding was handled, there were very few chances off of their cycle. The first goal was right from a face-off, the tying goal after some tentative clearing attempts led to a deflected shot from the point, and the winner was off the rush. Sorry, but 4 points in the standings does not make them a better team. They were more fortunate tonight. Rangers definitely out-chanced them tonight, and failed to bury some real good opportunities. Can't blame any one player. Just a couple of bad bounces in a tight game. There's 5 more against these jerks .....

i'm disagreeing with that statement. First off the flyers were missing their best player, dejardins, and a cast of other players. The flyers flatout out played hte rags. Jagr was held in check most of the game, other than the goal all his really good chances were on the powerplay, where he missed hte net at least 3 or 4 times.

The rangers would have gotten beat by a score of at least 5-2 or 6-2 in that game if it wasn't for lundquivist. He's amazing. His ability to be square to the puck is remarkable. He moves side to side so well. He exudes that confidence and aura you see in truely great goaltenders who you just KNOW you can't beat unless you have a perfect shot or some remarkebly amazing deflection.

I don't care if the rags lost and if pitkanen got 2 goals, lundquivist was the best player on the ice.

Pitkanen wasn't even that good. I know my stupid friend is going to wear his pitkanen jersey tomorow and prance around like a monkey. He had those 2 goals, one of which was where rucchin tried to play goalie. The second was great, but he looked inconsistent on the powerplay, made some defensive errors, and wasn't playing all that amazing. That really is a lot of pitkanen's season right there. He's simply average in his own zone, adds some grit, and plays fairly consistent from game to game, but then has huge games in which he benefits from forsberg or faint opportunties and he just buries them. He doesn't generate an enourmous amount, but he buries what he creates, something the flyers, as of late, haven't done much of.

All in all, it was an amazing game.

one main thing i forgot to mention about lundquivist. he does what giguere did in the 04 finals run, roy did his entire career, and so forth. He made great saves look easy. You watch and you see him stop shot after shot controlling the rebounds so soundly and you get the feeling ya he's been good, but he hasn't made a lot of acrobatic sprawling saves. He's just always square and always ready, it's remarkable...and he's only 24...damn one hell of a goalie. If you were to tell me he was only 6 foot i wouldn't believe you, he plays so much larger.