The Official comprehensive thread of CHICO-ISM and DOC-TRUISMS

El Diablo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shoulda started this thread when I had the rotating Chico sigs :P The two classics that come to mind are:

'Brodeur and Vokoun played in the World Cup with Brodeur playing for Canada and Vokoun playing for Nashville' - Chico (from the Nashville game in January)

'Brylin's out on the penalty kill, I don't know whether Madden's tired or there's a problem' - Chico

'The problem will be relieved as Madden comes out of the box now' - Doc (from a Flyers game in late November)

Edited by Hasan4978

We hear these guys make a classic statement :lol: just about every game .. we must save their best for posterity... :koolaid:

There was a pinball going on there and the Wizard (Marty) kept it out - Chico 3.7.06

I had to listen to the Queens on the Island :(

:hail: DOC

5 minutes into the game and Chico has yet to say a word

"Early stages of the first period no score...what do you see out there Cheekster?"

"Well....I see a hockey game......and a Devils team that's.....

"Quick shot on Brodeur and he sticked it away!"

"Look at how he uses his stick....it's as if his arm was an extension of his body" :blink:

"Quick shot on Brodeur and he sticked it away!"

"Look at how he uses his stick....it's as if his arm was an extension of his body" :blink:

:rofl::rofl: That sums it up. If they ever make another Brodeur commercial, they should have Chico kiss Brodeur's equipment.

We hear these guys make a classic statement :lol: just about every game .. we must save their best for posterity... :koolaid:

There was a pinball going on there and the Wizard (Marty) kept it out - Chico 3.7.06

Oh ! and a healthy hit from Jannsen :evil:

We are the luckiest hockey fans in the world to have Doc and Chico. :hail:

The Isles guys make me ill. I was almost glad Elias wasn't playing because the play by play guy always calls him Eliash. Drives me nuts. JD is okay, but I hate Sam Rosen. :puke: He's a homer but not funny like Chico.

Doc, as they're going to commercial: "We'll be back to Verizon Center... MCI Center... whatev--" (audio cuts out)

totally made me laugh! he sounded really disgusted to even have to name a company when talking about an arena

Doc, as they're going to commercial: "We'll be back to Verizon Center... MCI Center... whatev--" (audio cuts out)

I think before that he said something like "Verizon Center...remember when it was MCI Center? Changes more than Philly" :evil:

In the game aganst the Pens -- in a 2-6 game Chico says: "Rassmussen scores and brings the Devils back within one" a rare incredulous Doc says "within one of WHAT?" Chico " heh heh within one of one and five?"

OK anyone here can correct that -- I'm sort of watchign the game and feel kind of Chico myself...

Edited by Pepperkorn

In the game aganst the Pens -- in a 2-6 game Chico says: "Rassmussen scores and brings the Devils back within one" a rare incredulous Doc says "within one of WHAT?" Chico " heh heh within one of one and five?"

OK anyone here can correct that -- I'm sort of watchign the game and feel kind of Chico myself...

wanted to smack chico w/ that 1.. its not bad enough that the devs sucked tongiht.. we needed chico sucking too???

He could just call it The Phone Booth. That's what they nicknamed it when it was the MCI Center and it would still be appropriate.