Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
El Diablo

The Official comprehensive thread of CHICO-ISM and DOC-TRUISMS

370 posts in this topic

Thank you for dusting this one off!

Chico was talking about catching the Blackhawks players sleeping, then says, "Players don't sleep on the ice, that was a stupid statement." :lol:

This is pretty minor but Doc said 'Hurricanes' pretty awkwardly before (after the commercial break) when talking about the game tomorrow

..yeah idk, i thought it was kinda funny

Edited by nmigliore

I laughed when Doc kept asking Chico about his previous comments about ( leadership?) and when it finally slowed down enough to get to it, Chico said he couldnt remember what he said.

Anyone notice Chico mention that the PK was much better tonight, while the Devils were still killing a penalty? Of course, not 5 seconds after the words escape his mouth the Hawks got the 1st goal, lol. Just coming with a different angle to the Chico Shutout Jinx, he's still awesome, lol.

Anyone notice Chico mention that the PK was much better tonight, while the Devils were still killing a penalty? Of course, not 5 seconds after the words escape his mouth the Hawks got the 1st goal, lol. Just coming with a different angle to the Chico Shutout Jinx, he's still awesome, lol.

I most certainly noticed that one.

Yesterday Gerber played the puck and

Doc: something along the lines of 'he is no baby at this thing.'

A minute later Doc says 'you know the baby food.'

Chico: Oh ive got it

Chico: So your going to start doing advertisements during the game since there are no breaks

^Found it rather entertaining, granted I was looking for anything at this point.

Chico compared a Brendan Shanahan shot to "flipping a burger" yesterday...

Doc: "It always comes down to food with you, doesn't it?"

This needed to be revived. Tonight:

"The Moose is as quick as a young deer!"

And a few months ago after Tedenby's penalty shot:

"He went with his bread and butter, and he put that bread and butter all over the toast!"

Chico's reaction to the Flyers' goal tonight: "Uncredible!"

This needed to be revived. Tonight:

"The Moose is as quick as a young deer!"

I almost died when he said that.

The game on Monday, Chico said something along the lines of "Its like a bakery out there....turn overs all over the place."

Thanks for bumping this up btw.

Edited by Quinn01

I enjoyed when he referred to Nodl as Noodle.

I realize this post was from last year, but just as an FYI, my aunt lives in Raleigh and she told us over our Christmas vacation that in a recent interview, Nodl told the reporters that the correct pronunciation of his name is, indeed, "noodle."

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Edited by Brick Pig

Bumping this almost a year later, since Doc will be calling tonight, and I wanted to share something that I didn't know(being not really into movies), but something that I'm sure some of the people here did know about one of Doc's famous phrases:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meanwhile,_back_at_the_ranch

This one I've known only because of the book by Trinka Hakes Noble. Noble even came to my elementary school to talk to us and I got a signed copy of Meanwhile back at the Ranch. I still have it somewhere packed up and it is a fun book to read to kids and I do not know any kid that has hated it after they read or have it to read to them.

Also I do not think the 1992 date they have on Wikipedia is the correct first publishing date. I want to say it is a couple years earlier than that, but I might be wrong.

Edited by DevsMan84

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Nifty!

I can't say that I'm surprised. Love or hate his color commentary, but the guy is obviously personable.