The Official comprehensive thread of CHICO-ISM and DOC-TRUISMS

El Diablo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc said the other night while recapping a huge save by Marty. All ironic and Doc like he goes "That kid just might have a future."

I was watching Hockey Night in NY just now, and after Doc, Chico, and Trautwig cut away to Matt and Stan, the audio picked up Doc talking over them, telling Chico and Al 'It's a good thing we can't hear, 'cause Stan will find some-' before it was cut off.

Aside for my hoping for profanity, I imagine Emrich was going to say 'some way to be negative about the win' or something to that effect. Funny stuff.

Heh, I heard that, too! :)

"With 1st period highlights heres the muskekan (sp?) goaltender" - Doc, I think it was the 3rd to last regular season game

"I think you're right doc" - Chico, in every game

"So what your saying is JP Parise was standing in the exact same spot?"

"Nope"

:lol:

I dont know how anyone could hate Doc and Chico, they mesh well together and have been the voice of Devils hockey for what 10 years now? I could totally see Dano taking Chico's spot once he gets too old for the booth.

I dont know how anyone could hate Doc and Chico, they mesh well together and have been the voice of Devils hockey for what 10 years now? I could totally see Dano taking Chico's spot once he gets too old for the booth.

Dano would be a great color man when Chico is ready to hang up the mike, but what will we do without Doc? I can't stand the thought of watching hockey games without Doc! :evilcry: We must find a fountain of youth! Could he be cryogenically stored during the offseason? Maybe just keep his head in a jar, like they do on Futurama?

While I watch other games on TV, I sometimes find myself thinking about how Doc would have described the play...

Dano would be a great color man when Chico is ready to hang up the mike, but what will we do without Doc? I can't stand the thought of watching hockey games without Doc! :evilcry: We must find a fountain of youth! Could he be cryogenically stored during the offseason? Maybe just keep his head in a jar, like they do on Futurama?

While I watch other games on TV, I sometimes find myself thinking about how Doc would have described the play...

lets not think about not having Doc. I may cry. And yes, i'd love to hear more Dano. One of my favorite things was during intermission of the Stevens game with Dano and Scotty! I'd love to hear more of that too.

Dano is awesome. I love watching him during the beginning of the games and during his Dano's Den. The only thing I don't like about the intermissions is that Stan Fiscler (sp?). I don't really like him that much.

I actually wouldn't mind Dano taking Chico's spot, but I like Chico just fine for now. Doc is probably the best play-by-play announcer you could ever hear. I can't go a Devils game without hearing Doc's play-by-play. I never really liked Matt Louglin's play-by-play he wasn't that exciting like Doc is.

Dano is awesome. I love watching him during the beginning of the games and during his Dano's Den. The only thing I don't like about the intermissions is that Stan Fiscler (sp?). I don't really like him that much.

I actually wouldn't mind Dano taking Chico's spot, but I like Chico just fine for now. Doc is probably the best play-by-play announcer you could ever hear. I can't go a Devils game without hearing Doc's play-by-play. I never really liked Matt Louglin's play-by-play he wasn't that exciting like Doc is.

If they replaced Chico with Dano, they'd actually be watchable.

• 3 weeks later...
I personally think Doc's name and a microphone should be the next banner to be raised.

No matter what, the Newark broadcast booth should be named the Mike Emrick Broadcast Booth.

Yes and yes. :hail:

• 2 weeks later...

Great one from the Eastern Conference Finals tonight with Doc and JD...

Doc (Talking about the Sabres injuries and resilliance): In the words of Monty Python in an old movie, "It's only a flesh wound! It's all even!

JD: Should I even ask who Monty Python is?

..and then..

Doc: And now for something completely different...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
The ref had called a penalty but play went on for like 3 mins and he had his arm up the whole time -- it was an odd thing to say as they went to break..