DISCUSSION: KLEE TO DEVILS FOR SUGLOBOV

Weekes Head

Suglobov is what...24 and still hasn't made it. This is a good deal. Klee is big and tough, he can play a more offensive role if needed, he can be a defensive defensman if needed. Good shot, good team player.

well say bye bye to Sluggo

he's the guy going back

not sure I am happy about this one...

we need scoring not to be TRADING it

This is a team with no second line scoring, and Sluggo wasn't called upon to help out- which tells me Lou knows something about him we don't. I'm not gonna get too upset.

Suglobov is what...24 and still hasn't made it. This is a good deal. Klee is big and tough, he can play a more offensive role if needed, he can be a defensive defensman if needed. Good shot, good team player.

Is Klee a right shot?

According to TSN.ca:

Leafs trade Klee to Devils for prospect

TSN.ca Staff

3/8/2006 8:49:47 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded defenceman Ken Klee to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for prospect Alexander Suglobov.

Klee became expendable when the Leafs acquired Luke Richardson from the Columbus Blue Jackets for a conditional draft pick earlier in the day.

The 34-year-old blueliner, who just returned from an ankle injury, has scored three goals and added 12 assists in 56 games this season. He will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

The 24-year-old Suglobov has 25 goals and 23 assists in 51 games with the Albany River Rats of the American Hockey League. He has appeared in two games with the Devils over two seasons, scoring one goal.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157725&hubname=

Let's see what Lou has in mind here. Klee is not that offensive but maybe he'll open up the ice for his partner.

Scouting Report

Assets

Loves to use the body. Plays within his limitations. Is versatile, an excellent presence in the dressing room and the consummate team player.

Flaws

Lacks skating speed and has a tendency to get injured with relative frequency. Was better suited to the pre-lockout NHL than the "new" NHL.

Career potential

No. 5 or 6 defenseman.

Edited by BlueSkirt

Its really a good trade though for both sides. I believe Klee helps us in the short term and the Leafs arent exactly going to contend this year.

Klee shores up our D-line and I expect Lou may pull another deal for a forward before the deadline.

It's been obvious that Suglobov is not in New Jersey's plans. He's been thrown around in so many of my theoretical trades.

This is a perfect defensive upgrade - Klee has some ability to play the PP and is certainly better than Colin White in that spot. Tommy Albelin can now be the perfect 7th defenseman.

A very solid move by Lou Lams.