Staff Changes.

DevilMinder

Tonight I made some changes to the administration staff. It is with deepest regret that I have released several admins from their positions. I will not go into detail out of respect to them, but the short of it is we had a difference in opinion.

I know most of you either attend games or are good friends through the boards with the admins. I hope that we can move forward on this. If you have any deeply personal questions or comments please PM me.

As of this moment, MSweet and I are the sole admins. Msweet has been around since the beginning and I feel he understands the direction we need to go at NJDevs.com. I have also asked Rowdy to stay on in a tech support role, he will have no admin privileges.

I will miss the support of RoughDraft, Rock and Redrum and Hasan in their admin roles, but I feel it is time that we move on. The four of them had a combined 15 years of dedication to NJDevs and I hope you will give them the respect they deserve if they choose to come back and post.

Thank you for your understanding everyone on this upsetting matter.

Brad "DM Smith

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The four of them had a combined 15 years of dedication to NJDevs and I hope you will give them the respect they deserve if they choose to come back and post.

I'll give them the respect they deserve even if they don't choose to come back and post. Obviously I don't know what the hell happened, but I can't imagine *ANYTHING* deserving of this rash action.

I'd like to say that I've respected the work done by Rock, RD and Hasan over the years and feel they deserve better than this. (Red is a great, and one of the most entertaining posters on the site, but I think even he would admit he was an admin mostly in name only). I would like to thank you guys for everything you have done here - you guys have been wonderful. I don't know the details, but just on the face of it, you deserve better.

Now that I've gotten a decent understanding of the situation, I think DM has handled this incredibily unprofessionally. It's his board. He who pays the bills makes the rules. But I am very, very upset at this decision.

I think the aforementioned admins have all been wonderful and keep the board going. "Differences of Opinion" are a fact of life. I run a project team FOR A LIVING... I don't go throwing my staff out on the street when they disagree with me.

I think this move was completely uncalled for and would request a reversal of this decision. This was tantamount to cutting off your nose to spite your face.... at the very, very least this is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

I'm really quite disgusted with the "thanks" shown to the admins. I have committed to the trivia contest until the end of the season, but given this ridiculous decision, I don't think I want to be a part of contributing to this board beyond being a poster after the contest completion....

Edited by Don

I don't think DM's dicision is "unprofessional" and I think it's very Roenik of anyone to say so <_<

And probably more than a little indicative of how this entire situation came to pass. I apologize for my open bitching of late and hope it didn't contribute to any bad blood.

Out of all the hockey forums i am on the admin staff here were by far the best and most entertaining, which is one of the reasons i read the forum every day (at least 20 times)

i hope they continue to post.

Hey folks,

Please do not be mad at DM. He has to do what he has to do, and we have to respect his decision.

With that said, I do not agree with it, but I do respect it. He's put in a tough position here, and the last thing the remaining admins need is a public outcry.

Do I feel disrespected? Yes. I won't lie. I busted my ass for this board for a very long time, and never did I think I'd be ousted like this, especially after everything I've done the past few days.

Whatever the other guys decide, I respect. I, however, no longer consider myself a member of this message board. As I said to the other guys, I cannot condone the behavior that this message board has brought about through some of its posters lately, and I do not wish to be a part of it. I don't like the general direction the board is going, so I think it's best NJDevs and I part ways.

To the posters I've grown close with, please keep in contact. I will be messaging each of you with my email address and screenname. To the others who weren't fond of me -- well, I guess you won. Good for you guys and gals.

I'll miss this place a lot. More than most will know. This board was a part of me, but it is time to move on.

Good luck to DM and msweet, and best wishes to Has, Rock, and red. I understand Rowdy is being kept on as tech staff, so best of luck to you as well.

It's been fun. Seeya everyone.

-RD

Thanks for all your hard work RD! I enjoyed talking Devils hockey and Big Brother with you, as well as the Santa hat avs. If you ever want to come back later down the road I will welcome you back, but I respect your decesion. Good luck in the future. Hopefully Rock, Redrum, and Hasan will continue to post.

DM and Msweet, I still have a lot of respect for you two, so you don't have to worry about any bad feelings coming from me.

To the posters I've grown close with, please keep in contact. I will be messaging each of you with my email address and screenname. To the others who weren't fond of me -- well, I guess you won. Good for you guys and gals.

I sent you a PM but I don't know if you'll read it. I wish you didn't say that. Nobody has won by seeing you leave. I am upset you would have even say that. We have never been close and we probably argued more than anyone on this board but I still respect you for knowledge of the game, your dedication to the board and your hard work and I hope you do reconsider your decision.

Edited by devilsrule33

I don't post much but I've been visiting this site for 2 years.

I respect DM's decision. Not knowing the details, I would never form an opinion one way or the other. Some administrators I liked more than others, but I repect all their hard work.

This is a wonderful board and I am confident it will remain so. Good luck to all!

I come here for Devils' info, talk about the games, trades, rumors, media coverage, other teams, etc.

I believe whomever is running the board has a right to manage how he/she wants. I imagine another Devil board will be up & running soon & whoever opens that one, can also manage that the way he/she wants.

I guess there is a lot of background stuff that some of us never know about. Whatever happens, happens.

First & foremost, it's a Devils' hockey board.

Let's go Devils!!

I just want to say that sometimes, it's better off that we don't know why these things happen. I think everyone here had respect for each of the mods (RD, Hasan, Rock, Red). They didn't have an easy job but they carried out their responsibilities the best they could.

That said, I respect the decision that DM made. He said it wasn't easy. I believe him.

I wish RD was staying :(. You are a great poster and more importantly, an awesome person! You will be missed in these parts. I hope we see you back here in the future ;).

I echo a lot of the other sentiments of the other posters....as a fan of a team other then the Devils...all of the admins have made me feel so welcome here...and to me that is a big reflection of the people that run this board and the posters that are here as well.

And I completely respect whatever decision was made by DM, he has done SO much work for this board I can only imagine how much.

I REALLY do hope RD comes back to the board, she is such a BIG part of the community of posters here...and I sure do hope Hasan and Red stay here too...losing all 3 of these great people off this board would be a GIGANTIC hit.

Where can I send my application :P

Seriously, I am surprised Rock was part of this.......not knowing details, it's shocking because he mainly hooks us up every morning with excellent links from the papers.......I hope he continues.

We should all get along.

So what really happened? A he said she said type thing? How do you post something like this and not at least shed some details on the matter. If anything thats the most childish.

RD you and I never really agreed on anything but it was always nice to read your opinions and agree to disagree. Hope you come back one day.