Staff Changes.

DevilMinder

kinda have to agree with Jester, why did you put this as a post if you didnt want anyone to really know whats going on,

especailly by leaving it open for commment , you could have anounced it and just locked it. :noclue:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to jester and those that want to know the story:

i heard most of it and it comes down to people's personal feelings. there's other stuff out there, but when you strip it all away, it's a matter of respect on the board between posters. the he said/she said nature of this thing isn't really that important because nobody's absolutely right and absolutely wrong.

jester is absolutely correct that the board is everyone and not just the admins. everybody brings something (even if it's "Lou Sucks and should kill himself" nonsense). but some people took things personally and others attacked people personally instead of just understanding that opinion does not equal fact.

this is a great place for Devils fans and it should be for the hardcore insider just as it is for the 10 year old novice. anyone can agree or disagree with someone else and if you post, you should expect that. but nobody needs to get personal on a hateful level and nobody should take any of this too personally either.

it's an internet family which means that for the most part, we don't REALLY know eachother and we can all come together for fun and information. if you want hurtful and true stuff, stick with your own REAL families ;)

Sorry, Rowdy and others, but the above just doesn't fly. The moment this becomes a post (and a sticky, no less) on the board it becomes EVERYBODY'S business. Because we are the board. Without us, NJDevs is another hockey board with one reply on every post. And I don't read those.

Fair enough. I said it was no one's business because I'm not the type who feels that everyone's dirty laundry should always be aired in public. In this situation, I don't think that knowing the exact details of who said what to whom and when would be at all productive. The only thing it'll do is give people definitive names of who to blame, and that'll lead to more resentment and back-biting and all the crap that destroys communities. You're welcome to disagree, though.

I can say with complete factualness that the reason the announcement was made is because if it wasn't, eventually someone would've noticed and brought it up, and we'd be having this discussion anyway. I can't say with any real knowledge why it was left open to replies, but if I had to guess, I'd say that if it wasn't, it probably would've spilled over to other topics and caused more damage than necessary.

ya know, RD is one of my best friends in the real world, she's smart careing and intelligent, and a lot of fun. this bored wasn't her whole life, just something she could do tio kill some time. just because someone likes to talk about hockey with people who are just as serious about it as she is doesn't mean this is all she had...i may be new here but i do know the conversations i've had here with those people were the most insightful hockey talks ive ever had...it's a damn shame they're gone.

I'm equally stunned that in a decision made partially because of the ever-increasing "cliques" on this board, it appears there are two classes here: those in the know, and those who don't deserve to be in the know -- which, you know, are basically the people how make this site something to visit every day.

Just my two cents...

<JESTER>

I kind of agree with Jester. There are obviously some people who know whats going on and another that appeasr to be blamed for this. I only say that because some posts have been very careful to say there is equal blame to go around, others say its the fault of a specific group. Right now that group, whomever that is, is being talked about and they don't get to say a darn thing or present how they feel. For all I know I'm in that group and being told I somehow "won" by having this happen. I dunno, I just think its weird that some people know what is going on and others don't, and while I can see where it would be prudent to leave names out, I think it would have been equally prudent to not even bring up there being blame. That being said I would like to thank all the admins for all the time they spent on the board and say that everytime I've ever dealt with DM or hear about someone dealing with DM he has been very mature and classy so I'm sure he thought this decision through long and hard.

DM it's time to remove this thread. Some people are speculating and are completely wrong others are frustrated. It's over. You made the decision. Live with it. It's time to move on before this thread becomes a cancer within this board.

Edited by LucifersDog

DM it's time to remove this thread. Some people are speculating and are completely wrong others are frustrated. It's over. You made the decision. Live with it. It's time to move on before this thread becomes a cancer within this board.

'Cause that's EVER stopped people from saying how they feel about something on this forum :rolleyes:

the more you don't talk about something like this the more people are gonna guess about it... it's just human nature

Meh, I think its funny people are getting their knots tied over something like this. ITS A FLIPPING MESSAGE BOARD. Nobody got fired from their job just weeks before being able to claim upper end unemployment. Nobody lost their live, they lost their privilage to have control over a message board.

I would take it as a blessing to not have to patrol a website for underaged teenagers who get some sort of pleasure trolling.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

OK...enough is enough...I'm tired of this. It's time to move on and get over it. Nothing is going to change.

I have an idea..... I will ignore this thread and not read any more posts concerning this thread. Maybe all of you who feel the same way should do the same. I just want this thread to go away.

Edited by hattrick

Amazing how people come into a thread and ask it be closed. What is the point? Why not just ignore it instead of clicking on it? It will eventually die its own natural death. This is really just a general comment though as it happens in all sorts of threads.

just so it's out there....it's not a secret. it's just that nobody wants it debated in an open forum. if you want to know, pm/email RD or DM and they'll tell you.

but an EXCELLENT point was raised a few posts back by sammyk. if you don't like it, don't click on it. if more of that happened, this thread and what caused it wouldn't exist at all.

Amazing how people come into a thread and ask it be closed. What is the point? Why not just ignore it instead of clicking on it? It will eventually die its own natural death. This is really just a general comment though as it happens in all sorts of threads.

Exactly..

BUMP...lol

:rofl:

Wow this was a shock for my Monday morning read. I came to this board to get away form Devil boards that got out of control with users threatening each other, disrespecting one another's opinions and saying that there is only one way to be a true Devils fan.

I am very sorry to see this big change (especially RD and Hasan) happen to this board because the admins seemed very dedicated so I'm hoping that they can still talk things out.

Are you joking? I've been mocking him for months knowing full well. I think Risky has been too.

It's hard to miss the grammatical foibles that he can't seem to shake, nor the predeliction for handle-changing. But, that's the spice of life around here, and that's what I love about NJDevs. If I can't come here to make snarky remarks about hockey and ill-informed fans, where am I going to do it? The office? People here think the sporting year is six months long, starting in August and ending with the Pro-Bowl.

I also don't know what went on with DM and the admins. I burn too many company hours here as-is, so I don't really frequent OT. It's a tough thing to comment on. I have to give DM recognition for running a time-consuming, expensive, FREE site for all of us (who sometimes are rather ungrateful, I think). In fact, I have to send him a long-overdue PayPal to that end. Anyway, this is a tough situation to comment on. Yes, it is DM's board and he has the right to run it however he sees fit. However, to lose 3 of probably our top 5 posters in ONE STROKE really, really hurts. The difference has already been felt in the absence of Rock's daily newspaper posts. NJDevs without Rough Draft? The poster who manages to be cool and refined in every post, but then cuts loose with some of the most vile sailor-talk this side of Philadelphia in the chat room? It's like I've joined a different forum. I'm glad Hasan appears to still be around. He's one of the few people here who actually has a realistic world-view of the state of New Jersey Devils hockey.

I can't comment on the fall out because I don't know what happened, but I will say this: I would trade 20 of our other posters (23 if you count Lucifer's Dog *wink wink wink*) for Rock, RD, and Hasan to stick around here. I'm glad msweet and DM are still in the mix -- they're great guys and great hockey minds.

I hope this shakes out positively for everyone involved. I will say this -- NJDevs won't lose me, no matter what this forum goes through. Go ahead, breathe that collective sigh of relief!

Keep up the good work, DM. And RD, Rock and Hasan -- please come back. You guys make this place what it is.

Edited by Risky

I have no idea what is going on... and don't care to. I go to this board to read about the Devils and debate things about them... but I always try to respect whoever I am debating with.

It sucks those posters left because I enjoyed debating with them. As for how serious I take their departures, I prefer to think the articles like "Ruff's daughter has a brain mass" show what the truly important things in life are while threads like this show how we can make things much more important then they actually are.

I hope they all return and I hope evryone chills out a notch or two. We need one good message board, not two or three mediocre ones.

Funny how the team's looked flat out awful since the staff changes in here... I know it's a coincidence, but hockey karma IS a bitch eh ???

Just one of those oddities the stupidstitous like me likes to point out B )

Outside of several personal reasons, I've been posting less and less on NJDevs because of an overall increasingly immature atmosphere.

So now we have one of the most mature admins booted because of very immature poster(s). And I'd bet my life savings that, given the choice, the vast majority of people here at NJDevs would rather have RD back and have one or several immature posters booted.

Instead of standing up to those who constantly cause trouble, we lost the best thing NJDevs has. Instead of cutting out trouble at its root, we lost our heart and soul.

Big mistake.

During this thread, people keep saying that NJDevs is a community. Well, no offense to you DM, but I think NJDevs as a community would disagree with you if you had given them the choice. Now it all seems irreversible - what a shame. Although you have the total right to make the decisions around here, such a drastic decision was guaranteed to cause dissent. Why not do a private poll with the top 25 non-admin posters? Hell, why not do a public poll?

I simply can't believe RD is no longer a part of NJDevs and yet several rabble-rousing idiots are running rampant. Yeah maybe I'm rabble-rousing right now and some people think I'm an idiot, so I'll do you all a favor and leave as well. NJDevs wouldn't be NJDevs without DM and msweet, true, but for my money, NJDevs can never mean the same thing to me without RD. I think that, in the future, this decision will be looked back at as the worst thing to ever happen to NJDevs. I truly believe that the situation was once reversible but, with RD being "fired," we have now reached the point of no return.

Goodbye, all. To those who don't have it, my AIM name is mrsheeps. Peace