If Lou wasn't the coach

SC Devs Fan

In the past Lou has made some quick coaching decisions based on late season skids... or early season skids. As there is no way Lou can fire himself - what would be the point, he'd still be right there looking over Johnny Mac's shoulder - the point is moot, but I have to feel if someone else was behind the bench then they'd best stop getting the 5 day rentals from blockbuster...

No. He needs to make adjustments and help these guys out of their offensive slump. But it does come down to the fact that he can't get on the ice and score goals for them. That's what they get paid the big, salary-capped bucks for.

Is this topic automatically programmed to pop up after 2 losses?

It pops up then and, after 1 loss, any win where the Devils only score 1 or 2, any win in a shootout, any win where the Devils give up 3 goals or more, any tie, and any win against a team with a worse record.

I don't think Lou has a quick hook with coaches. Ftorek was given quite possibly the best team since the 88 Oilers and couldn't make the team play .500 hockey. Larry Robinson was clearly in over his head in 2002. The only guy who I think he gave a really quick hook to was Kevin Constantine, who is now a dim Devils memory - but to trade up for Pat Burns was a brilliant manuever, as I don't think the Devils win the Cup without Burns behind the bench.

Yeah, because I know Lou has been so forgiving with coaches in the past to bring this up is absurd.

Back to my Kool Aid with my lunch. Mmmmm, grape today (or, as Dave Chappelle says, purple drink)

It's not absurd to bring up, it's just this has to be at least the second time these past handful of games that we've discussed this.

OH, the best Kool Aid is the Red One.

There is no point to fire the coach now.

Lou should've fired himself during the Olympic break in order to fully concentrate on the trading deadline. Looking at his performance ... too bad he didn't do it.... :doh1:

Now it is too late...

Maybe Jacques Lemiere could pull better performance with team like ours, but he is not available, so ......

Lets just finish this season and make some serious changes during the summer.

I don't think Lou has a quick hook with coaches. Ftorek was given quite possibly the best team since the 88 Oilers and couldn't make the team play .500 hockey. Larry Robinson was clearly in over his head in 2002. The only guy who I think he gave a really quick hook to was Kevin Constantine, who is now a dim Devils memory - but to trade up for Pat Burns was a brilliant manuever, as I don't think the Devils win the Cup without Burns behind the bench.

the 98-99 and 99-00 Devils weren't even as good as the 1994 Devils, it's not even worth mentioning the 96 Avs or 94 Rangers.

the 98-99 and 99-00 Devils weren't even as good as the 1994 Devils, it's not even worth mentioning the 96 Avs or 94 Rangers.

You're not serious, right?

The 99-00 Devils were way better than the 94 Devils, they were probably better than the 96 Avs, and might've been better than the 94 Rangers. The 00-01 Devils were the best Devils team ever, and since the league has instituted a salary cap I feel pretty confident saying that.

The 99-00 Devils were way better than the 94 Devils, they were probably better than the 96 Avs, and might've been better than the 94 Rangers. The 00-01 Devils were the best Devils team ever, and since the league has instituted a salary cap I feel pretty confident saying that.

I agree that the 00-01 Devils are the strongest ever. I even believe the team is better than the Avs in the Final. Why we fail to repeat because of White keeps taking stupid penalties and caused us some games. Hey, Arnott is an UFA next year and so does Sykora. Will the A line reform again????

00-01, the only thing separating them from a second straight Cup is Claude Lemieux's killer instinct, or Patrick Roy. I'd put even them a hair below the 1994 squad.

I disagree, talent wise the 1994 team was the deepest squad we've had with pretty much everybody in their prime, everybody on that team could pretty much fill any roll. You had clutch scorers and leaders in Nicholls, Lemieux, Richer, Maclean. Stevens having the season of his life. Niedermayer coming into his own, playing like a veteran. Driver steady and solid as always. Albelin, who was a mobile stay at home defenseman, Daneyko in his prime. We've never had such a combination of skill, speed, grit, leadership. The 99-00 Devils were similar in a lot of ways but the teams they beat were not as good. They never went through a brick wall Hasek or a team as loaded offensively as the 94 Bruins.

The Rangers in 1994 were about as balanced as the Devils but had more front line offensive firepower, and 2 terrific offensive defensman. It was a toss up, that series could've gone either way. Richter of course always outplays Brodeur.

Forget about the 1996 Avs, they're in another universe. Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Kamensky, Young, Ozolinsh, Deadmarsh, Simon, Ricci, Keane, Claude, Yelle, Foote, all in their prime. Plus steady stay at home defensemen in Gusarov and Leschyshyn. Talent wise they'd blow away every team since the early 90's Penguin club (or the 1995-1996 Wings, who they beat)