Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitico12

Kozlov?

50 posts in this topic

OK...now that we've officially decided to play "Jekel and Hyde"...

Can anyone answer the question...where's Viktor Kozlov??? Why has he been scratched? Fallen out of favor with Louie Lams?

Need help as our team is in jeopardy...

thanks...

:noclue:

I can't agree more. 12 goals in 3 games is unacceptable - the Devils are struggling offensively and need a boost, especially the power play.

The offense has picked up and done much better with these new lines. I agree with Lou scratching him because the lines seem to be clicking finally.

Parise-Gomez-Gionta

Parise is playing much better and more confident, Gomez and Gionta have not missed a beat and this line is performing well. Plus Gomez is starting to shoot more. I wouldn't touch this line.

Elias-Brylin-Langenbrunner

When I was coming up with lines, I actually had Kozlov in Brylin's spot, but this line seems to have some good chemistry. They are creating chances and I think they will start finishing them more. I wouldn't touch this line unless Brylin starts to hinder it.

Pandolfo-Madden-Marshall

Good defensive line, Marshall seems to be fitting in nicely and not taking penalties which is a big plus. I wouldn't touch this line yet.

Janssen-Rasmussen-Wiemer

This line has been great for this team. Tons of energy. One thing I noticed is that Janssen was taken off this line to have Gionta or Elias double shifted for more offense. Perhaps if we are playing a less physical opponent then Kozlov could take Janssen's spot. We will still have three tough guys in Rasmussen, Wiemer, and Marshall so I wouldn't worry about taking Janssen out even though I love him. Also Rasmussen and Wiemer did look better offensively so if anything the addition of Kozlov would help.

So I guess my point is there is just not a role available for Kozlov but there may be one on the 4th line if we really need more offensive help.

Kozlov is not a benchable player in my estimation. Yes, he's played peekaboo during stretches of the season, but he's an offensive threat, who can finish plays...

Madden, for example, is great defensively, but can't finish for the life of him...

Kozy needs to play against Ottawa. Another reason why he needs to play...say we're tied, and we need the two points, Kozy's a threat during the shoot-out...he needs to be there!

kozlov doesn't win the game tonight...a better brodeur does. goals 3 and 4 were a joke.

i was speaking with a friend who is very clued in with the devils and especially the russian guys.

they all agree that viktor has skills, but to a man they think he's lazy. they're screaming for him to skate and shoot, but he simply takes too many shifts off.

kozlov doesn't win the game tonight...a better brodeur does. goals 3 and 4 were a joke.

i was speaking with a friend who is very clued in with the devils and especially the russian guys.

they all agree that viktor has skills, but to a man they think he's lazy. they're screaming for him to skate and shoot, but he simply takes too many shifts off.

Absolutely. A better Brodeur defintely makes a difference tonight. What in goodness sake happened on Stajan's goal??? Yuuuuuk!!!

Absolutely. A better Brodeur defintely makes a difference tonight. What in goodness sake happened on Stajan's goal??? Yuuuuuk!!!

Its hard to be mad at marty cause if it wasnt for him, the Devils would probably not even be anywhere near the playoffs right now. There were so many nights this season where he won points for the team that they really didnt deserve. Who knows whats up with him. Everybody says he gets tired but if hes getting tired, its not a physical thing but rather mental. Its been a trying, and long season and it just might be catching up with him.

I can't agree more. 12 goals in 3 games is unacceptable - the Devils are struggling offensively and need a boost, especially the power play.

Hrm. That seems like something I would write.

As I was inferring in the game thread, letting Toronto score so many goals, something that they haven,t be able to do recently, was far more embarassing than our offensive ineptitude.

kozlov sucks

Actually if you watched olympics, when given a chance he is pretty dominant.

Kozlov looked pretty impressive in the Olympics.

I always wonder why he is always scratched.

Kozlov looked pretty impressive in the Olympics.

I always wonder why he is always scratched.

He was a completely different player for Russia. He was motivated, hell he was even blocking shots for them when he wasn't on the offensive rush. We don't see that Viktor Kozlov here in NJ. We get the lazy guy who shows flashes of brilliance but never can put the whole package together. It is very frustrating.

I agree, he shows flashes of brilliance but is lazy, however, there are two things I don't care about Lou's (or whomever is actually calling the shots on the bench) coaching strategy...1.) is his timing of things, whether it's pulling Brodeur or whether it's changing up the lines...with all the offense we've needed this season it was wayyyyyy over due for the lines to be changed...2.) is the way they have a tendency to play the player who "earned" a spot to play...don't get me wrong if a guy is hot then by all means play him but overall Kozzy is a better offensive boost then a few players out there...especially if he could actually get a chance to get some chemistry going with better line mates...secondly I know I really really dislike Klee but overall Lukowich is a better player and should be playing...he started to fit in the system quicker and is more talented...ok, so if Klee has been strong then switch out old man Alby but Lukowich should be in...we all know who's going to be playing if we get into the playoffs why not let them get some good chemistry going down the final stretch.....

p.s. Marty let some bad goals in tonight...I know he's an all-star, the best goalie in the world whatever, there was no excuse for being rested and come in playing like that...he looked brilliant when our defense collapsed and we were pressured but a tiny slip up and he lets in 2 soft goals...the fact that he is sooooo good is the exact reason why he shouldn't make those mistakes...

I think we get Kozlov in the lineup!

He's the one Devils player I was hoping would take the most away from watching the Ken Daneyko tribute the other night. Its just not in the cards for him to ever realize how good he has it, it seems.

I understand they are not happy with Kozlov because he is deemed as lazy or at least not

playing to his ability. But I still think he should be in the line-up because the Devs need

more offense (how many times this year have they come back from down 2 goals?)and at least

there's a CHANCE he can provide some scoring-unlike his replacement-

Janssen who has ZERO offensive ability. Don't get me wrong, I love Janssen but I think he

needs to be in Albany where he can get much more ice time and work on his non-existent offensive game.

Even if Kozlov doesn't do much in the game itself he has been one of the best in the league

in the shootout-and the way things are going the Devs need every point they can get just

to make the playoffs. Interesting that the Russians picked Kovlov over Brylin.

Maybe Brylin couldn't hear the phone ring because "his ears were blocked with his 3 stanley cup rings".

One word: PrimadonaKov!!!!!

i watched kozlov in the olympics, i also watched him in florida, what a debacle that was.

he could easily be a 80-90 point scorer in the new nhl with his size, speed, hands, and all that wonderful talent he could be a dominant player on a nightly basis. especially since he can line up at wing or center.

unfortunatley i challenge you to name one time in the past 5 years where kozlov has used that talent on a nightly basis.

he has what? 25 points this year? that is dreadful and he even had a 5 point game one night. i remeber looking up his stats earlier this year and i counted a streak where he had something like 4 points in 30 some games. how sad is that.

don't even blame it on lack of opportunity. that streak followed right after a rather dominating night in tampa. mabye towards the end he wasn't used much, but still there are rookies with half his talent who can produce more than 4 points in 30 with only 10 minutes of icetime. why? because they try. kozlov doesn't deserve icetime if he doesn't even remotely try. and he doesn't care enough to motivate himself, somebody mentioned before benching him won't do much, i agree. the only thing that motivates him is the shootout. woooo you got a solid 10 seconds where kozlov tries in a penalty shot situation.

Edited by bruins4777

at this point scratching kozlov is pretty lame. sure he's an underacheiver...but he has also been grossly misused and stuck on a 4th line for much of his ice time this year.

i don't think he has been paired with the right people on a consistant basis.

Kozlov on the 4th line is better than No Kozlov.

I would put Kozlov in. Also NOT having Matvichuk hurts. and Lukowich should be in.

Take out Albelin and Klee for Matvichuk and Lukowich!

White martin

Lukowich Rafalski

Matvichuk Hale

Kozlov did *nothing* on the 4th line. Dressing him there just takes away from the 4th line's energy. They're not supposed to score goals anyway.

Kozlov has been paired with everyone on the team and hasn't gotten it going. He consistently stickhandles himself out of position. I'm not convinced he could score 80-90 points if he tried - to me he lacks hockey sense and could never put it together even if he did expend effort on every shift.

Kozlov was at his best when he was drawing penalties on a nightly basis.

I would not be shocked if he's playing over in Russia next season. Maybe Washington will pick him up to play with Ovechkin - still, he just doesn't shoot the puck enough.

It's hard to be critical of the Devils, re: Viktor Kozlov, unless you want to crticize Lou for getting him in the first place. He's had lots of chances. I'd be happy if he showed up every other night, never mind every night, but this guy shows up once every two weeks, probably on the day Lou signs the checks.

That says it all, and i agree... there are times when Victoe amazes, but more times when you are pukking out your hair becuase you know w/ a little effort he could be so much more...

That says it all, and i agree... there are times when Victoe amazes, but more times when you are pukking out your hair becuase you know w/ a little effort he could be so much more...

The man has no heart and soul no desire to live up to his full potential.

So why would you want to take even Cam out of the line up for him?

Atleast he plays like he cares.