Weekes in Goal For Game 2

Jimmy Leeds

Lundqvist is obviously struggling with his side to side movement, and was exposed for that in both the Sens & Devs games that he played.

We may just see Weekes for the next 2-3 games.

The Rags D is their weak link now, so I expect the Devs to do just fine.

Edited by BlueSkirt

Hopefully the Devils can knock Weekes around today and put doubts into people's heads about both goalies.

Exactly. I think a lot hinges on this move.

If the Devils win tonight, they send the message: Play whoever you want in net, because we're going to put pucks by him.

But if Weekes plays a strong game, this could give the Rangers a lot of confidence.

Should be interesting.

If the Devils can't find a way to beat Kevin Weekes then they don't deserve to move on. The 2002 team didn't deserve to win that series either. Besides, the 2002 squad was in complete disarray.

I think Weekes just happened to catch fire that season. I'd be stunned to see him do that again.

Weekes has a total of 8 playoff games, all in that one year he played well against the Devs. He never even played in Carolinas Cup run.

anyone rememebr Brian Boucher, he was hot a few years ago too.

I can't see much of a connection to the 2002 playoffs & tonight.

Not for the players anyway. The fans let this stuff get into their heads.

and didn't the Devs just beat Weekes twice ?

They have to put him in now, if they are going to put him in. Weekes is routinely booed by Ranger fans at MSG, sad as that may seem, who adore Lundqvist and consider any Ranger loss with Weekes in net solely the fault of the goaltender.

So, if the Rangers lose game 2 with Weekes in net in NJ, they can come back with Henrik in MSG, and the fans will be behind Lundqvist, Weekes doesn't have to deal with the fans with the team down 0-2. However, if they happen to win with Weekes in net, he comes back into MSG as the conquering hero, and they will cheer him for once.

If Lundqvist were in net tonight and lost and they had to come back with Weekes in MSG with the team down 0-2, it would not be pretty. It is sad the way that crowd treats Weekes.

This seems like an attempt by the Rags at a headgame. They know the struggles we had against his guy and they probably hope that this is going to get into the players' heads.

If we just keep playing Devils Hockey like we've been doing for 12 games...doesn't matter who's in net.