video of the last marty save?

metallidevils

From what I heard on another board it just hit him in an unpadded place.

On Hockey Night New York Live after the game they interviewed Brodeur and that was what he said happened, so it was from the horses mouth. He didn't mention feeling it anymore or anything.

That was a great save. But let's be honest. Brodeur made it look better because he wanted to send a message to the Rangers. He didn't even have to do that. The game was over. By diving across, he risked injury. Imagine the reaction that would've gotten.

I have to disagree, Derek. His job is to keep the puck out of his net. Whether it be at 30 seconds into the game or 30 seconds left. He doesn't try to make that save, the rags have a late goal and all the momemtum that accompanies it going back to their building. A good goalie doesn't even try to make the save, a better one tries and fails and then there is Marty. :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS!

I knew you would Liz. :)

My take. Brodeur wants this more than anything. By making that save, he's saying, 'Not this time.'

And that can be intimidating. Especially for a team that's struggling to score goals. The Rangers have four in their last four games. And factor in they're going up against the most accomplished goalie in the game.

That's a bad combo.

Being a goaltender myself I know exactly how it feels landing on your arm like that. Sometimes, though, you gotta pull out all the stops to keep the puck from crossing the goaline. Amazing save by an amazing goaltender. Really sent a message to the Rags.

Edited by scream_guy3