Langenbrunner about to be on WFAN

SueNJ97

damn I cannot get it throught the computer..

someone want to give us a summary???

Pretty much what you'd expect. Praise for everyone. Haven't won anything yet. Marty is the anchor.

Did say one thing that was kind of interesting, though. He said they did consider it important to close out the series as quickly as possible because the more rest you can get the better. That people who say you will get rusty if you sweep and have to wait for your next series are wrong. More rest is key.

Pretty much what you'd expect. Praise for everyone. Haven't won anything yet. Marty is the anchor.

Did say one thing that was kind of interesting, though. He said they did consider it important to close out the series as quickly as possible because the more rest you can get the better. That people who say you will get rusty if you sweep and have to wait for your next series are wrong. More rest is key.

Theres two sides to that. If you are in a gruesome series, the more rest the better no matter what series it is. If your in a soft opening series, like the Devs/Rags has been... I think players would benefit more from 5-6 game series. It keeps you in the game, but gives enough rest and isnt too draining.

I think from the 2nd round on, the more rest the better.

Edited by aylbert

Nice Langs!!! I'm impressed looking at the top scorers in the playoffs...I know its only three games but still....if these two guys keep it up and have Gio and Gomer step up slightly then we could do some real damage....

RNK NAME POS GP G A PTS +/- PIM ATOI SOG SPCT

1 Patrik Elias LW 3 3 5 8 3 0 17:17 10 30.0

2 Langenbrunner RW 3 2 5 7 3 0 20:46 8 25.0

on the rest issue....The Devs this year...especially Elias...have been exceptional coming off rests...its been the back to back games that take a toll on us...Elias has had two major rests not coming off injury...the first was when he took two games off after he came back, that's when he had a four pt game...the last one was the rest between Montreal and the start of the playoffs and had a 6 pt game...I believe we will be better the more rest we get...we are rolling and won't lose focus like most teams do when they get rest...

Edited by UnderDogX

in no way has this series been easy for us. we've played our butts off to get to where we are right now. yes, the devils are the hottest team in the league, but it's all because of the work that we've put into it. although i am a tiny tiny bit concerned with their momentum being dampened slightly, overall, i believe that the rest will be well deserved and will help us prepare to dominate the second round as well.

Edited by ThaTruthAP

did anyone else notice (and enjoy) how much crow Beningo had to eat in talking to Langs and how painful it was for him to talk about the series ???

DAMN I loved that :evil:.... that man can't eat enough crow for me (since hlaf his damn shows are trashing the only two teams I care about :P)

Ahhhh

is it just me or is the sky bluer today ??? B )

Liz come on now you sound like a Rags fan "well we outplayed the Devils 5 on 5) they only won because of the penalties" :cryriver:

;)

Crasher I cannot wait to hear that goof Steve Somers tonight. Since before the first game (when he was talking about how the Devils fans arriving at the Meadowlands with huge smiles and cheering were going to be leaving dejected) till Tuesday night when I heard him talking about how the rangers begin the comeback tomorrow night on Home Ice!!!! Tonight I am sure he will be full of excuses. I hope a multitude of Devils fans call him so he can eat some CROW!!!!!!!!!

Liz come on now you sound like a Rags fan "well we outplayed the Devils 5 on 5) they only won because of the penalties" :cryriver:

;)

Crasher I cannot wait to hear that goof Steve Somers tonight. Since before the first game (when he was talking about how the Devils fans arriving at the Meadowlands with huge smiles and cheering were going to be leaving dejected) till Tuesday night when I heard him talking about how the rangers begin the comeback tomorrow night on Home Ice!!!! Tonight I am sure he will be full of excuses. I hope a multitude of Devils fans call him so he can eat some CROW!!!!!!!!!

He was on after the game last night ... started with "Rangers in 7" -- he's not eating any crow ever, dont waste yer time.

he might a LITTLE bit afterwards...besides he gets his own justice in guess who they send to CAA to do pre-game stuff ?? :lol:

besdies after one more win half his schtick is invalid !! :)

That's borne out by the fact that in the Devils' three Cup wins none of their first-round series lasted any longer than five games ('95 and '03 over Boston in 5 games, '00 swept Florida), while the fact that the Devils let Carolina hang around for a six-game series in '01 - and Toronto for seven games in the next round as well - was kind of cited by Holik as a reason they ran out of gas at the end.

That's borne out by the fact that in the Devils' three Cup wins none of their first-round series lasted any longer than five games ('95 and '03 over Boston in 5 games, '00 swept Florida), while the fact that the Devils let Carolina hang around for a six-game series in '01 - and Toronto for seven games in the next round as well - was kind of cited by Holik as a reason they ran out of gas at the end.

I dont think the Carolina game had that much of an effect.... that Leaf series was very rough, and not to mention Domi almost killed Nieds.