Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oilers88cup

Oilers in 6?

22 posts in this topic

Well my Oilers are up on the mighty RedWings and "Hockeytown" is crying about the oil playing the trap.Sour grapes as far as I'M concerned.President's trophy winners should be a good team so learn to break it.I just hope they can win game 6,game 7 in Detroit would be very tough.

Let's go Oilers!

And c'mon Buffalo, beat those damn Flyers!

Detroit's regular season record overstates how good they were. I am not surprised by Edmonton winning--the Red Wings compiled alot of wins by having to play Columbus, St. Louis and Chicago for a good portion of thier schedule. Edmonton is too much for them too handle.

I don't think Edmonton will beyond the next round though.

The wings need someone besides zetterberg to step up offensively.

legace isn't playing badly, but he's not keeping them in it, he's really been outdueled.

Edited by bruins4777

I wish I could somehow go to game 6, im sure the atmosphere in that arena is going to be unbelievable.

Edited by Satans Child

I sure hope they can get it done at home, those Oiler fans are rabid, among the best in hockey and they deserve another Cup run.

Hey John. It's nice to see your Oilers playing great. Now they must finish the job in Game Six in front of some of the most rabid fans in the world.

Edmonton isn't a normal eight seed. When you got a guy like Pronger anchoring that blueline and some of the most underrated young talent in the league (Hemsky, Horcoff, Torres, Stoll, Bergeron), you are very formidable. Toss in the grit of Ryan Smyth and Michael Peca and this team is tough. I really like what the Oilers did. But the difference so far has been Roloson. We both agreed giving up a 1st round pick was steep. So far, so good.

Go Oilers!!!!!!

We'l see tomorrow night. I know Rexall Place will be fired up.It would be sooo sweet to eliminate that team.10 O'clock tomorrow night Derek.Let's go Oilers!

OIlers in 6? God I hope not...but just because i wanted them swept in 4 means that they probably will pull off the upset and win it in 6....ughh :argh:

We'l see tomorrow night. I know Rexall Place will be fired up.It would be sooo sweet to eliminate that team.10 O'clock tomorrow night Derek.Let's go Oilers!

Man, I really wish I could watch that. I'll be tuning on though via NHL radio. Go Oilers!

Hey, oilers88cup -

this may sound crazy coming from a Stars fan, but I'm pulling for your Oilers all the way! I've had a lot of respect for your team all those years we played each other in the playoffs, and I'm a big Ryan Smyth fan, too. So go Oilers!

Is it possible that tonight's game will be broadcast on Yahoo like last night's Canes-Habs game?

I attended a "west coast" fan club trip in 1989.

We went to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary.

By far, the Oiler fans were the nicest people around.

Go Oilers. Anything to eliminate Hockey-town is OK with me.

Is it possible that tonight's game will be broadcast on Yahoo like last night's Canes-Habs game?

i'm pretty sure its on OLN, so i doubt it...

With 1 more win each from Cal/Edm, I can put on the parachute pants and enjoy a battle of alberta as good as circa '87-88-89...

Where's Jim Peplinski?!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

8 P.M. tonight Derek.Love the avatar! Go Oilers!

Should be fun to follow during the show. P.S. I knew you would love it. :rofl:

Should be fun to follow during the show. P.S. I knew you would love it. :rofl:

Derek cool avatar but must admit I am also disturbed by it at all...when you consider who you are imitating in that avatar :lol::lol::lol:

And oh about tonight....

LET'S GO OILERS!!

Congratulations to you John. You're the most loyal fan I know!

Awesome comeback. The Oilers radio guys called it a miracle goal. I agree. Great stuff.

YOUR DREAM IS ALIVE!!!!!! :clap::clap::boogie::dance:

Edited by Derek21

Oilers win! Oilers WIN! Bye bye great detroit! Tee time for you guys is 6A.M. Dirty Chelios & company have a nice ride back to Motown!Oilers win! Oilers Win! Biggest win for them in 10 years easily!

John, what happens if they continue this magic carpet ride? LOL

ughhh....congrats on the win....pains me to say that...*forcing a smile... :ph34r:

I only wanted Detroit so I wouldn't have to stay up to watch the west coast games.