Devils To Announce New Coach At 2pm...eom

ljc99

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem Lewis had in Detriot was that he always played the nice guy while assistant coach under Bowman, and the same group of players sorta ignored him when he tried to play tough guy as head coach because they knew it wasnt his real nature. That wings team was very undiciplined, and while they had regular season sucess when push came to shove, they didnt listen to the coaching staff and make the adjustments they needed to.

Personally seeing that happen would put me off to having Lewis as the head coach here. This team still needs someone who kicks ass and takes names. We all saw what happened under Larry with no accountability.

One of the requisites I have is that the coach touts an attacking style of hockey. All the teams weve seen make it to the Conference and Stanley Cup Finals play aggressive styles in the offensive zone with forechecking even when they dont have the puck.

If it is Lewis, Id be a little disappointed too, I mean I know hes got some hockey acumen, but hes not like a spring chicken and neither he or McLean would deliver the day to day discipline that is needed.