Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elias26

The Fourth Periods Top 25 Ufa

26 posts in this topic

Interesting. Speculated teams of interest do not include Ottawa or NY Rangers for Elias which are all the rumors I have heard so far. Also interesting or sad that NJ is not listed as a team of interest for anyone except Patty and Jamie.......joy. :saddevil:

.... Also interesting or sad that NJ is not listed as a team of interest for anyone except Patty and Jamie.......joy. :saddevil:

I noticed that too, but if we can re-sign our big contracts, there will only be low level fill-ins to pick up anyway.

Those numbers (G, A, Points) on Jamie can't be correct. If they were, he'd be in much more demand!!!

Those numbers (G, A, Points) on Jamie can't be correct. If they were, he'd be in much more demand!!!

:giggle:

Lucky us. Two years in a row the Devils have the most coveted UFAs. :angry:

Lucky us. Two years in a row the Devils have the most coveted UFAs. :angry:

And yet people insist we don't develop stars.

Perhaps they aren't stars but the people who know what they're talking about still acknowledge them as the best.

in all the talk about elias, i forgot jamie is on the the market too. i'm really nervous.

instead of spending 7.5mil on elias ( sorry thats too much bling for 1 player)

how about going after 2 UFAs ...

Jovo & Shanny???

Interesting rumor on that same site that has havlat coming to NJ for gionta or gomez. Says that Havlat and Elias are good friends and want to play together...Stinks like the Brother Niedermeyer debacle all over again

i thought langenbrunner and savard were the same? :noclue: lol

Interesting rumor on that same site that has havlat coming to NJ for gionta or gomez. Says that Havlat and Elias are good friends and want to play together...Stinks like the Brother Niedermeyer debacle all over again

Reminds me more of the Selanne and Kariya debacle from a few years back. How long before someone starts photoshopping pictures of Havlat and Elias smooching?

<JESTER>

instead of spending 7.5mil on elias ( sorry thats too much bling for 1 player)

how about going after 2 UFAs ...

Jovo & Shanny???

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

Take a look at what they have for Brendan Witt:

2005-06: 80GP | 19G | 34A | 53PTS

:o:lol::lol::lol:

Take a look at what they have for Brendan Witt:

2005-06: 80GP | 19G | 34A | 53PTS

:o:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Lou...sign Witt now!!!

elias is still my first choice, but if he left, i would be fine with giving jovo $4.5/year for 3 years and shanny a one year deal for $2.5 if it means that gomez is signed longterm.

You can't expect these to be the prices these players draw - right?

Jovo's getting 5+ and Shanahan will probably get 5+ or 4+ if it's a 2-year deal.

i think lidstrom is no.2 for the sole fact that they don't believe he'd sign anywhere else...otherwise he should be a clear no.1

anyways....redden>chara

You can't expect these to be the prices these players draw - right?

Jovo's getting 5+ and Shanahan will probably get 5+ or 4+ if it's a 2-year deal.

nope. i was being a bit sarcastic but in re-reading, i see it didn't come out that way.

i agree that jovo will end up at about 5 a year, but i acutally think shanahan will not get more than 3. he's an older player and i don't think that we'll see teams that want to sign a ufa that didn't get the #1 guy give their plan b an inflated price (which shanny at anything more than 4/year is).

shanny started off really strong, but trailed off at the end of the season and especially in the playoffs, like he does almost every year

Goodbye Langenbrunner!

Or we can sign Samsonov, Parrish and Savard for the same price as those two! That wouldn't be a terrible second line after Gionta, Parise and Gomez.