Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jdub

Lowell Roster

21 posts in this topic

so what prospects do you believe will be in lowell this comming season...

do you think the russian players we drafted this year, and the past few seasons will be there?

what about the goalie situation....

do you go back to Doyle.. or do you try to bring a stronger prospect in (possibly sign dustin slade) and then have a veteran come in and be his back up

Lil' Gio :beerbang:

do you think the russian players we drafted this year, and the past few seasons will be there?

do you go back to Doyle.. or do you try to bring a stronger prospect in (possibly sign dustin slade) and then have a veteran come in and be his back up

It doesnt make much sense to sign a veteran to be a backup in Lowell... NJ isnt looking for wins...

Doyle was not a problem....I see him definitely being there next year, assuming he cannot find any greener pastures, and he'll probably be the starter too. Josh Disher...NJ draftee I believe, was Doyle's back-up for a coupla games, maybe he'll see some more action next year and give Doyle a few nights off.

Doyle was not a problem....I see him definitely being there next year, assuming he cannot find any greener pastures, and he'll probably be the starter too. Josh Disher...NJ draftee I believe, was Doyle's back-up for a coupla games, maybe he'll see some more action next year and give Doyle a few nights off.

Well Josh is history. He was never signed. Not sure bout J. Smith. So far Doyle is the only guy. Lou just may sign a 2 way with a vet. He has to sign clemmy too, but methink he wants out of nj.

I'd like to see what Doyle brings... he's a Virgo... from Guelph.. tender.gif

I'd really like to see him play -- sad he's not in Albany anymore Lowell will be harder to get to. He was so neat and tidy, well spoken and polite at the players luncheon.

I'd like to see what Doyle brings... he's a Virgo... from Guelph.. tender.gif

I'd really like to see him play -- sad he's not in Albany anymore Lowell will be harder to get to. He was so neat and tidy, well spoken and polite at the players luncheon.

Hey PK, you could always come see him play against the new Rats'.

Doyle tender.gif

I was bored and tried to put a list together of players who may play with Lowell next season. This is probably not 100% accurate but I tried my best. Comment please:

Left Wings

Barry Tallackson*

Tuomas Pihlman*

Jason Ryznar*

Patrick Davis

Centers

Travis Zajac

Petr Vrana

Ivan Khomutov

Adrian Foster

Rod Pelley

Mike Rupp*

Right Wings

Niklas Bergfors

Aaron Voros

David Clarkson

Stephen Gionta

Defensemen

Mark Fraser

Sean Zimmerman

Andy Greene*

Dan McGillis

Olivier Magnan

Bryan Miller

Tomas Harant

Mike Mottau

Johnny Oduya

Goalies

Frank Doyle

Jordan Parise

*Players who may make the Devils out of camp

Left Wings

Barry Tallackson*

Tuomas Pihlman*

Jason Ryznar*

Patrick Davis

Centers

Travis Zajac

Petr Vrana

Ivan Khomutov

Adrian Foster

Rod Pelley

Mike Rupp*

Right Wings

Niklas Bergfors

Aaron Voros

David Clarkson

Stephen Gionta

Defensemen

Mark Fraser

Sean Zimmerman

Andy Greene*

Dan McGillis

Olivier Magnan

Bryan Miller

Tomas Harant

Mike Mottau

Johnny Oduya

Goalies

Frank Doyle

Jordan Parise

*Players who may make the Devils out of camp

Zimmerman isn't eligible, he will stay in juniors. Not sure for Davis. Born in Dec. 1986, I think he can play for Lowell near january... Fraser is Sep. 1986 so he can start in AHL (20 years old).

Magnan isn't sign I think, so it could be one overage year in QMJHL.

The rest seems correct, barring some invites for training camp and of course demotion of veterans.

Zimmerman isn't eligible, he will stay in juniors. Not sure for Davis. Born in Dec. 1986, I think he can play for Lowell near january... Fraser is Sep. 1986 so he can start in AHL (20 years old).

Magnan isn't sign I think, so it could be one overage year in QMJHL.

The rest seems correct, barring some invites for training camp and of course demotion of veterans.

Thanks for the info! I figured Zimmerman was eligible since he played 6 games for Albany last year. So the revised defense is something along the lines of?:

Defensemen

Mark Fraser

Andy Greene*

Dan McGillis

Bryan Miller

Tomas Harant

Mike Mottau

Johnny Oduya

wait... Minard is back??

so what do you fellow fans expect the line up to be??

if zajac doesnt make it to the devs..and stays in the AHL..

Edited by Jdub

Tallackson-Papineau-Bergfors

Pihlman-Vrana-Gionta

Ryznar-Khomutov-Voros

Davis-Foster-Clarkson

Add Marshall. I wonder where he will get put in the Lowell line up? I would say add in Oduya, but I bet he goes up and Harant comes down soon, maybe even Fahey comes down soon too. Still going to be a lot of line up changes.

Devils have too many defensemen in Lowell - 10 by my count, 7 of whom need ice time (Oduya, Malmivaara, Harant, Miller, Magnan, Fraser, Greene) and two of whom should be getting it every night because they're that good (McGillis, Mottau).

Jim Fahey's stay in New Jersey may be short-lived - why Lou took him on is a mystery.

Devils have too many defensemen in Lowell - 10 by my count, 7 of whom need ice time (Oduya, Malmivaara, Harant, Miller, Magnan, Fraser, Greene) and two of whom should be getting it every night because they're that good (McGillis, Mottau).

Jim Fahey's stay in New Jersey may be short-lived - why Lou took him on is a mystery.

could some of them possibly be sent to Trenton?