Brylin Out 2-3 Months With A Broken Wrist

Anhkheg

Jd, I agree...and if it's 2-3 months, I'd bet on the 2 for Brylin, which would mean coming back very very early in the playoffs :)

In a perverse way I suppose it's good for Gionta at least, he'll have to play now.

My new lines:

Gomer-Elias-Bicek

Friesen-Niewy-Langer

Pando-Madden-Turner

Bergy/Mac-Rupp-Gionta (so much for my masher fourth line, though there's still some size there. I guess now it'll be a feisty line).

Guolla as the healthy scratch.

Going back to the whole Steve Kariya thing for a second -- he may see time in one or two games, but that's about it. In no way can he fill in for Brylin; no one can. I still think Berglund will either develop into a great offensive player with a slight defensive liability, or he'll become like Brylin in that he can be thrown into any line and do his job well enough to contribute.

Here's hoping Sergei gets well soon... and here's hoping the rest of the team steps up in his absence.

And like it was said before, I could definitely see a deal for McEachern happening in the near future. Who knows, with the recent deals in the league, we could possibly land him for Guolla and a 5th round pick.

Tough break for Brylin, but he's always seemed to be a fast healer. My guess is he's back for the playoffs.

For all you saying Berglund is a defensive liability, well defense is probably one of the easiest aspects of the game to learn. What it comes with is disclipline to detail and experience. If Berglund gets the ice time, his defensive game will come around. He's got a good enough head for the game and is a hard enough worker to round out his game. All he needs is the ice time.

rd. thought the same EXACT thing last night. white is a bull in a china shop

Guess you didn't see the game. The fact that white is or is not "a bull in a china shop" has nothing to do with how the injury occured. It was just a freak thing that occationally happens when 4 players going to the boards with a bit of steam behind them.

Ditto your thoughts, RD..........

Figures when after a slow start this season, the last few weeks have been an offensive breakout and something like this happens to a key guy. Things like this can really throw a wrench in the long term plan but the team is a team, not based on one, although he will be missed. Still confident that things will continue to go well for the team.

Devils had two more great games. Marty and Schwab are playing terrific. Team in general is playing awesome.

Brylin will be a big loss for 2-3 months. He brings a lot of hustle to the team. But they have depth to fill in until playoffs when he comes back. It was an on ice accident IMO. I can't blame White or anyone.

Well, I guess it could be worse (as in it could've happened to Elias or Langenbrunner or someone that we really need to score) but it's still awful - and Sergei's always been one of my favorites :evilcry: But now its time for the young guys to shine. Who knows, maybe some good can come out of this....

Brylin is a fan favorite and a guy who I love to watch and hope for him to succeed night in and night out.

The more amazing mark of a good team is to have a great coach, leadership structure/discipline, and ability to have enough depth, although ours is getting thin, to win consistently, and the Devils are even eclipsing that.

Brylin will be back for the playoffs, BET ON IT!!!

And as for Tivo, its sad hes not playing, but at times he plays so lifelessly and physically soft, I think he probably will not be in a Devs uniform next year.

Lets hope Sarge is back for the second round. We'll need him if we hope to get out of the east.

Now the question is how does this affect Lou's decision to make a deal before the trading deadline? Do we focus more on a solid role player versus a scorer? Does Lou look to bring in multiple players versus one? All very interesting. I can only hope that this is the last of the injury bug. With Tivo and Sarge both out and Gionta still a week or so away from coming back we are starting to get a little thin.

However, I agree that this is the time for Berglund and Rupp to step up and play big.