Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moustic

Niklas Bergfors

12 posts in this topic

I read everywhere that he is a monster etc etc...

I didn't want to know if he's ready to go with the Big Boy... just to know more about this kid.

How really good is he ?

What kind of player can he be compare ? (this is useless but just to know)

"Better", any video ?

Thanks !

Youngest player in the AHL last season, still managed to finish among the leading scorer in Albany. Plays a little like Daniel Alfredsson it seems.

High energy player, great skating, good playmaker and scorer... well, a great draft pick. :)

Alot like "Alfredsson" is music to my ears. Hope he develops soon.

I'd like to see him given a shot.

Even if it's only for 5-10 games.

But if he's readylet him play

I'd like to see him given a shot.

Even if it's only for 5-10 games.

But if he's readylet him play

I saw Bergfors play a couple times for Albany last year and he was head and shoulders better than everyone else on his team. He is very exciting to watch and put on the right line he could be a rookie of the year canidate as a 19 year old.

Did anyone else see him play in Albany? If people really feel that he stood out as better than a lot of his competition, then maybe he's ready to make the jump. Not having seen him play and just looking at his stats, I think he could probably use another year in Lowell. Then he can win the Calder when the Devils win the Cup in their first year in Newark. :whistling::evil:

You don't want to bring him up just to play on the 4th line, so he needs to be a legitimate 2nd line right wing, otherwise he's better off in Lowell. Elias-Brylin-Bergfors is an intriguing line if he can hack it...

Yes he stood out on the team, but I wouldn't necessarily he stands out against other teams...and he could definitely use at least another year in the minors.

there is truth there.... standing out on the river rats tended to be like finding a 5 dollar bill amongst a mountain of fresh ripe and ready horse dung on a summer day!!!

Hell Parise and Pascal Rheaume stood out head and shoulders in their time in Albany too and look now......

Not that I don't want the kid to be fantastic, but a level head is needed when rating this kid as "ready"

there is truth there.... standing out on the river rats tended to be like finding a 5 dollar bill amongst a mountain of fresh ripe and ready horse dung on a summer day!!!

Hell Parise and Pascal Rheaume stood out head and shoulders in their time in Albany too and look now......

Not that I don't want the kid to be fantastic, but a level head is needed when rating this kid as "ready"

Bergfors > Parise

Put on a line with Gomez and Elias he'd score 35 goals as a rookie.

Bergfors > Parise

Put on a line with Gomez and Elias he'd score 35 goals as a rookie.

Yeah...but he'd also get knocked down by the first defenseman he saw...he needs to mature in more ways than just his game.