the njd history

Devils_fan4life

Dont ask why i put this im bored nd i thought it was gud information for ppl to know.

The New Jersey Devils are a professional ice hockey team based in the Continental Airlines Arena of the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. They play in the National Hockey League (NHL). Originally founded as the Kansas City Scouts in 1974, the team moved to Denver, Colorado two years later and became the Colorado Rockies before moving to its current location in 1982.

After failing to make the playoffs their first six seasons in New Jersey, the Devils made their first playoff appearance in 1987-88. After several early playoff eliminations, as well as losing a seven-game Eastern Conference Final to their archrival New York Rangers in 1993-94, the Devils won their first Stanley Cup in 1994-95, defeating the Detroit Red Wings in four games straight. They have since won two more Stanley Cups, in 1999-00 and 2002-03, as well as making another Finals appearance in 2000-01.

250px-Devils_1982_1983_team_photo.jpg

2001-present: Perennial contender

The team fell short of winning their third Stanley Cup in 2001, losing to the Colorado Avalanche in seven games. In 2002, they were thought to be contenders once again, but lost to the Carolina Hurricanes in the first round. In 2003, they returned to the top, beating the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for the Stanley Cup, four games to three. Martin Brodeur, Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, Ken Daneyko, and Sergei Brylin each won their third Cup and Jeff Friesen, Jamie Langenbrunner, John Madden, and Brian Rafalski were all important contributors.

From their first Stanley Cup insurgence in 1995 all the way to the present day, the New Jersey Devils have remained amongst the best teams in the NHL, second perhaps only to the Detroit Red Wings in regular and post season success. This was a team Wayne Gretzky had once dubbed a "Mickey Mouse" organization

Edited by Outburn08

Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds??

.... some weigh much less however

I was soooo compelled to post this random bit of nothingness :P

And in ancient Mongolia they used severed heads to play Dodge Ball.

Link

Edited by Devilish34

And in ancient Mongolia they used severed heads to play Dodge Ball.

Link

Aw dude!! I would so SERIOUSLY PAY BIG MONEY TO SEE THAT!!!

Fantastic!!! :clap:

I think we can even donate a few heads from here :evil:

Ramooooooooooooooooooneeeeee...

Crash you fill in the blank

:hail::lol:

has anyone actually seen a time when every one of someone's 179 posts are completely pointless, useless, and utter nonesense???....I think we have a winner!!!!

D

J

Stubbs !!

Accept no alternatives or watered-down copycats!!!

That should be an award next year... the most pointless poster on the forum :lol:

Anyone know what happened to manta ?? I'd like to start the damn football draft!!

D

J

Stubbs !!

Accept no alternatives or watered-down copycats!!!

That should be an award next year... the most pointless poster on the forum :lol:

Anyone know what happened to manta ?? I'd like to start the damn football draft!!

Hey we could pretend the awards are still going and make one up quickly.......

I dunno... if we make up another award, I know at least one person who's gonna get pissed if he's not nominated for it... then again mister HIV's posts do tend to be pointless too

boy needs to just post more me thinks.. he'd get nominated for something stupid

ahh the hell with Brian... Outburn for Stubbs Award !!! B )

I dunno... if we make up another award, I know at least one person who's gonna get pissed if he's not nominated for it... then again mister HIV's posts do tend to be pointless too

boy needs to just post more me thinks.. he'd get nominated for something stupid

ahh the hell with Brian...

OK...ya lost me here.......

Outburn for Stubbs Award !!! B )

But I know enough to be with ya on this one! Seconded.

OK...ya lost me here.......

my friend Brian AKA H.I.V., was complaining to me yesterday that he wants some kinda award on the forum too since he sees my galatic size sig :P.... I told him he needs to freaking post more and he'll get something.... he also has a habit of the most annoying sucide-inducing catchphrases ever... so I was thinking of voting him for the Stubss :D