Min @ Nj

HarbingerOfSorrow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally something reasonable out of the Wild feed (on Center Ice).

An interview with Jamie!!

Toting the team line and just showing that attitude that we know is as important as anything to getting where we want to get. :)

That makes sitting through things like "Elias is on the island now by himself with the A-Line gone. Except it's not an island of course. It's New Jersey" worth it. :joker:

Did't hear (radio) Stevens' name after being hit with the puck ... did he take any shifts after going to the bench?

Don't have anything official to report here. Don't remember seeing him in the final couple. They showed him quickly a minute later wincing on the bench, but Bill Murray wasn't by him at the time.

That's gonna hurt even more tomorrow. It really was a tremendous shot block.

When you have the player, coach, and all the announcers covering the game saying it was a bad call, then it's a bad call. :P

It's both. It's a bad call AND it's a call that has to be made to keep the game safe for everyone.

Elias came back pretty well after getting high-sticked above the eye. I can't imagine what it's like for these guys to get stitched up and then come back and play with any kind of grit. Then again, I am the girl who stayed in an inning after dislocating my knee. But then again again, I didn't do very well.

Good job, guys!

Did't hear (radio) Stevens' name after being hit with the puck ... did he take any shifts after going to the bench?

He had his head down on the bench for a few minutes, when they had the TV timeout he got on the ice and did a little skate around in the Devils end. He could put weight on it. But no, he didn't see any game action the final minutes.

There was a loud Wild contingent sitting a couple of sections away from me. They were chanting Lets go Wild, I finally got the Devils fans to drown out "Wild" with "Devils", Of course there were the counter "Wild Sucks!" after the chant, but I feel it's always best to drown out the opposition, especially at CAA.

There was a loud Wild contingent sitting a couple of sections away from me. They were chanting Lets go Wild, I finally got the Devils fans to drown out "Wild" with "Devils", Of course there were the counter "Wild Sucks!" after the chant, but I feel it's always best to drown out the opposition, especially at CAA.

That mighta been the 30-plus Dowd contingent... from Brick, NJ... which always has to be said. ;)

Still laughing about Lags talking with the Wild commentator about how it must be "like looking in a mirror" to play the Wild, with the similar defensive system.

It really must be... with Zyuzin and Bombardir and Mitchell on the ice and Lemaire on the sidelines. :)

Wish Freeze had dropped the gloves. He REALLY seemed to want to go with Mitchell in the first. :joker:

A good win over a fine team. Wild fans I think saw the present (Wild) and the future (Devils) of their team.

Good thing the Devs found a way to win today; if they hadn't the "We couldn't win without Bry" panic would have set in.

THANK GOD Burns finally ended this asinine Turner-Elias switch. Hopefully he'll keep these lines together now.

What's the deal with Rupp? Does he still have the flu or is he now being scratched?

Congrats to Marty on getting the historic 30th win. I hope he got all his hiccups for the month out of the way today before facing Sir Waaah :puke: Tuesday

Maybe Whitey can't add but he sure can play :lol: Another performance worthy of #4, especially with that hit at the end of the game, sort of reminiscent of Stevens on Kevyn Adams. ;)

Brylin, why??? Does a power forward guarantee a team a Cup?

Your team took 28 out of its last 32 possible points (Rock said this). That seems like a pretty good roll.

Why make a change now?

Nothing's etched in stone.

Derek, do you really think this Devils team is ok, as-is?

Why does their power play stink? I assume that most teams realize that the way to beat the Devils power play is to stand 4 across the line and let them dump it in. The opposing defensemen then outmuscle the Devils players, and are able to get the puck out. This is what I saw when the Devils played Washington.

They have no one that opponents' defensemen fear when playing the puck in the defensive zone. In a 7 game series, having a player like that makes a huge difference.

They have no one who is excellent in front of the net, their power play often uses a high triangle which will never work with the Devils' poor shooting.

A team like the Devils can steamroll through the regular season, but when guys start taking the man instead of the puck, this Devils team won't be able to fight through it.

NJay, who on your team are you dealing and who is reasonable that a Lamoriello would acquire. It's definitely not a Doan, Palffy, Kovalev or Carter.

It's always someone you don't think of. A second tier guy. And if they made such a move, the player would have to get significant time.

The playoffs are a different game and that's what I agree on with you. But who in the East other than Ottawa and maybe Washington scares you in a 7-game series???

The East is slim pickings.

Regular season means nothing come playoff time.

In the playoffs you have to get 8 out of 14 points against one team.

If a team is able to shut down Elias in the playoffs, the Devils do not have the scoring to make up for it. They have a lot of 20 goal scorers, but in a 7 game series, 20 goal scorers, statistically, will score only 1 or 2 goals.

A rising tide lifts all boats. A decent 25 goal physical forward would give everyone help, especially the first line. Right now, the Devils don't have a first line.