NFL Week 6

Don

Okay. I was playing around with some pro-line. I'm only spending $30, but the bets have to be in by midnight tonight. For those that have never played, you have to pick three games right to win. So I'm gonna buy 3 tickets @ $10 each.

But none of the underdogs really jump out at me this week. Maybe the Giants have a shot against Atlanta.

I have so little faith in the Jets I wouldn't even bet on them facing Miami; and while I used to pull for the Cowboys I can't help but hope for a major upset by the Texans and see what happens to Owens. Will he stop speaking to Parcells too?

Okay, so I'm thinking of taking a few educated guesses followed by some gimmees.

Buffalo over Lions, backed by Denver and Chicago. ($10 ticket pays $30)

Philly by more than a touchdown, Cincinnati and San Diego ($10 ticket pays $40)

and what the heck,

Giants, Winnipeg and Bears ($10 ticket pays $70)

If anyone has any better suggestions try here

http://proline.olgc.ca/

how does this thing with the buttons work??

Thing with buttons? You mean your mouse? :P

If you are referring to the web page, the first thing you do is click football on the left hand side. Then you get a list of pro football games this week (CFL and NFL).

Along the top you will see V+, V, T, H, and H+. V+ means visitors win by more than a TD, V means visitors win by more than a FG, T means the game is decided by 3 points or less, H means home wins by more than a FG, H+ means home team wins by more than a FG. Pick 3 games and a "ticket" will be created. You can then alter the bet on the ticket.

ah, thank ya Don... maybe this will help you too:

Cincinnati -6 At Tampa Bay

Looks like Tampa has a quarterback at last... but I don't think it's enough... Cincinatti has two weeks of sitting on that awful beating from the Patriots and should take it out on this Tampa team quite easy... BENGALS

At Washington -10 Tennessee

Heh... with this awful Redskins offense, they shouldn't give ten points to Howard :P.. Tennesse got some spunk to them though.. they should cover... TITANS

At Dallas -13 Houston

Well the Texans beat the Dolphins... but Dallas should be looking to take last week out on someone...ugh... maybe Parcells and Owens can take a one way flight together :P

Buffalo -1 At Detroit

Lions.. HA!! The Bills get to be the slapp-er and not the slap-ee.. BILLS

Seattle -3 At St. Louis

Telling game for both teams I think... the Rams aren't really 4-1 good and Seattle needs to rebound here too.... it's a shame though, the Rams are playing good enough football but I NEED a big day from Hasselbeck :-)... SEATTLE

At Atlanta -3 NY Giants

Well he's a Fraud but for a week he's the best damn QB in the NFL...what ya gonna do brotha when Fraud-a-mania runs WILD on you ?? And personally the core of the Giants is too arrogant and is gonna believe they won something last week and half show up for this game...... FALCONS

Philadelphia -3 At New Orleans

Another reality check game for the Saints here... the Eagles have looked dominant all year long (minus one quarter) and I don't see this game as any different... not to mention the Saint pass defense = AWFUL!....EAGLES

At Baltimore -3 Carolina

Well it seems when I think Carolina is good they lose and when they stink they win... so I think Carolina will lose here.... so... PANTHERS

At NY Jets -2.5 Miami

Miami is bound to win a game sooner or later and it would add some fun to see Joey Harrington look like Joe Montana for three hours of suffering.... so since I have to go to this I might as well spread the misery.. MIAMI

San Diego -10 At San Francisco

the 49ers are feisty and I don't think they will lay down again like they did with the Chiefs....I do think they can keep it close and playing against some Marty-ball will help... 49ERS

At Pittsburgh -7 Kansas City

Two teams that are on the down this yea...I do think the Steelers will win, but by seven is a LOT...even in the Herm 3-point offense... take the safety....CHIEFS

At Denver -15 Oakland

Is Denver really capable of scoring 15 points ??? Well since they may only need to get 16 to cover with their D.... I'll take that chance! (and it's my suicide pool pick too!).... DENVER

Chicago -10.5 At Arizona

A year ago you would wonder if the Bears have enough offense to cover this game.. now you wonder why it's "only" 10 points...I guess the Bears are due for a letdown... but come ON... it's the Cardinals!!!.... DA BEARS

How to get the underdogs to win: Have me bet on the overdogs.

New Orleans is KICKING some Eagle ass. They just scored a TD with seconds left in the half to go up 17-3. :doh1:

Worse still... it appears that Buffalo is the slapee again.

Holy crap the Bills suck. Their pass defence was just awful today.

So I'm still alive on my Giants-Blue Bombers-Bears ticket. I spent $30 on tickets and Giants-Blue Bombers-Bears pays $60, so I can still double my money despite the Bills and Eagles upsets. I can see how gambling increases the interest. I typically don't buy Pro-line, but given that my Patriots have the bye this week as do the Colts (the other team I like to watch) I figured it would add some spice to some games I really don't give two sh!ts about. And it did. Typically I would die of boredom watching Bengals vs TB, but since I had money riding on the game it MADE it interesting.

you ain't seen suck until you have suffered a Dolphins game in person :P

they had receivers wide open all over the freaking place and NOTHING... not to mention the awfulness of the rest of the offense too... I was ready to call it a game at 3-0 (and ok go see real football....)

but to make it short, what you say today was the Dolphins all year... look like stumbling retards all first half... defense plays tight.... Ronnie Brown gets a bunch of yards.... go down double digits... make a comeback in the 4th quarter... make it close, make you WANT to watch in the bar and then fvck it up on the very last play... GF was trying to give me grief in the car for rejoicing that we left at 6-0, and I told her this and she watched in awe as Mare botched the late FG!

I forgot to make the pick on both boards... but when you hate the team you love because of how they are you get a little schitzo :wacko:

and let me hear the person who had Tennesse, Tampa and the Lions in THEIR pool this week :P

and I cry emotional duress knowing how awful this game was going to be in the Meadownlands!!

you ain't seen suck until you have suffered a Dolphins game in person :P

they had receivers wide open all over the freaking place and NOTHING... not to mention the awfulness of the rest of the offense too... I was ready to call it a game at 3-0 (and ok go see real football....)

but to make it short, what you say today was the Dolphins all year... look like stumbling retards all first half... defense plays tight.... Ronnie Brown gets a bunch of yards.... go down double digits... make a comeback in the 4th quarter... make it close, make you WANT to watch in the bar and then fvck it up on the very last play... GF was trying to give me grief in the car for rejoicing that we left at 6-0, and I told her this and she watched in awe as Mare botched the late FG!

I want to kill myself. That is all. :argh::argh:

dude I feel your pain, that was not a fun game to watch (well we left at 6-0 before all the offense and knowing how bad a hockey game is to leave there... I can only imagine 4 times the crap crowd there :o )

dude I feel your pain, that was not a fun game to watch (well we left at 6-0 before all the offense and knowing how bad a hockey game is to leave there... I can only imagine 4 times the crap crowd there :o )

I wound up not going because my friend who I was supposed to go with got sick, and I couldn't find anyone else to use the ticket. I'm glad I stayed home.

Unbelievable finish there. I called the Bear win when Arizona went 3 and out. Why on earth would Denny Green punt it to Hester? Wow. Big mistake there. Hester has been doing that for a while. Awesome return. He burned those guys and left them in the dust. :lol:

That btw was the only way Chicago was winning that with Rex Grossman at QB.

Did anyone see Green lose it in the postgame interview? Man.

Wow the Bears got the Cardinals right where they want them... with the Arizona offense having the ball :P

how abusrd is this game and even MORE so this comeback !??!?!?

I hope the Green PC is on YouTube. That was the best angry rant since the Mora playoffs rant from a few years ago.

Unbelievable finish there. I called the Bear win when Arizona went 3 and out. Why on earth would Denny Green punt it to Hester? Wow. Big mistake there. Hester has been doing that for a while. Awesome return. He burned those guys and left them in the dust. :lol:

That btw was the only way Chicago was winning that with Rex Grossman at QB.

Did anyone see Green lose it in the postgame interview? Man.

HA HA- he kicked the podium!!

SO... anyone write about the stupid basketball thing the Giants do now? Then Strahan explains it all.... Baaaaaawlin' :rofl::evilcry:

I live with this in my office and have been I guess really only for a week...

Jim Jones... Baaaaaaawwwwwlin' Strip club song extraordinaire... :rolleyes::argh:

baaaaaawwwlin' now it's running through my head

baaawlin' :giggle:

The Cardinals make you feel proud in whatever you root for don't they... well except the Raiders :P

SO... anyone write about the stupid basketball thing the Giants do now? Then Strahan explains it all.... Baaaaaawlin' :rofl::evilcry:

I live with this in my office and have been I guess really only for a week...

Jim Jones... Baaaaaaawwwwwlin' Strip club song extraordinaire... :rolleyes::argh:

baaaaaawwwlin' now it's running through my head

baaawlin' :giggle:

See it's all the more reason to find the Giants so dislikable... there really is so much to hate about the players on that team, and anyone who wants to give me sh!t about Mee-oooo just is NOT paying attention to how much I hate him and my team as is anyway :P

the bad thing is this stupid jump shot dance is spreading around the NFL... ban it NOW!!!!!

Basketball references do not belong in the NFL unless you are slam dunking the ball through the goal post :puke:

I'd actually rather see the air humping... it at least looks funnier!!!

It's a shame the No Fun League has cut down on celebrations to the point we are reduced to basketball references... the end zone dances last year were so damn creative!!!