Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucifersDog

Elias shootout shot

11 posts in this topic

If it had gone in I don't think it would have counted because he lost the puck on the way in. I think the puck has to move forward at all times. Does anyone have a ruling on this?

If it had gone in I don't think it would have counted because he lost the puck on the way in. I think the puck has to move forward at all times. Does anyone have a ruling on this?

Doc and Chico said it would of counted.

Actually, the puck was "moving" the entire time, just that Elias moved ahead of the puck. The shootout rules for puck movement are the same as those for a penalty shot (see the NHL rule book, Rule 25). It states "...The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponents goal line..."

So, the player can move ahead of the puck and retireve it, as long as the puck continues to move toward the goal.

Looked like he gave up on it. I wonder if he thought it was dead.

The zamboni guys seemed confused when they came out for the quick shootout once-over. They were arguing and pointing and the ice didn't seem like it was done properly imho.

Elias needs to try a different move. He's got his head in his @ss lately, taking a bad penalty in the third, and eventually looking "disinterested" in the shoot-out...

Wake up Patty! Smell the 6 million in your bank account!

Remember, you're not even 1/3 as famous as Barcelona's Ronaldinho (the world's best soccer player), and yet, you're making just about the same salary. Ronaldinho is making 8 million...

Elias needs to try a different move. He's got his head in his @ss lately, taking a bad penalty in the third, and eventually looking "disinterested" in the shoot-out...

Remember, you're not even 1/3 as famous as Barcelona's Ronaldinho (the world's best soccer player), and yet, you're making just about the same salary. Ronaldinho is making 8 million...

He had 3 assists in the game and your bagging on him? Tough crowd, Patrik doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

Elias had 3 assists but I'd still say he played a pretty awful game. Couldn't pass most of the game, could even stickhandle the puck by himself without losing it to the bad ice at times, takes some bad penalties. I know the 3 assists look nice but his overall game was poor.

After watching Rolandinho at Barca practice I'd say he makes way too much... what a friggin lazy bastard.. definitely not a "devils type Player".

Pando for the Shootout! :unsure::D

Either way, Devils stole a point and we should be happy with that.

elias is pretty shakey on shootouts...

he needs to find a shot like that erat, man was a laser beam.