Devilish34

Game Thread: Devils and Leafs

Well at least the Devils are on regular FSNY, with the Knicks on MSG and the Rangers on the usual FSNY2 (Channel 14) here the Isles are relegated to...CSPAN2 (Channel 66 in my area) :rofl:

No tvu tonight ????

Typical i just got the dam think working :argh:

So it was you!. You are bad luck please uninstall TVU :D. they were on yesterday and I don't think they show back to back teams unless it's a popular team. We had a drought which was terrible even Yahoo doesn't show our games anymore.

So it was you!. You are bad luck please uninstall TVU . they were on yesterday and I don't think they show back to back teams unless it's a popular team. We had a drought which was terrible even Yahoo doesn't show our games anymore.

:D I actually got to watch the game yesterday so its not me :P

Im having to watch Ottawa Again!!!!

LANGS AGAIN !!!!

The guy is on a roll.

And to think there was a thread about this guy being a waste opf space!

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

I just saw the game hilights on MSG

Cam gave Belak a beating, and what a shot by Langs.

He is acctually hitting the net, not the boards.

here we go again, marty gives up a weak goal from about the blueline to Darcy Tucker and now we gotta sweat the rest of this game out.

Edited by Satans Hockey

It's like Marty is just not meant to get shutouts. It looked like he had in in his glove and bam it's in. :argh: Now lets hope he gets a win out of this. :pray:

The Devils held on to win the game 2-1.

Good: Devils didn't totally pucker in the third period for a change; and Marty was crucial on so many shots.

Bad: Devils outshot 34-19, Darcy Tucker's slapshot goal was a bit weak.

Ugly: Wade Belak.

Most importantly, the Devils win game #1 on their 5 game road trip. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go root for a Rutgers comeback (it shouldn't have come to this, Rutgers!). GO DEVILS!

Love how Marty was checking out the young girl singing the anthem! Also, I saw my cousin on tv! Very cool, except the the Sundin jersey he had on..

Another close win at the end for the Devils. That is now back-to-back wins.

To the west coast...

LETS GO DEVILS!

Edited by NYGDevils32

If the Devils only played 1st and 2nd periods, we'd get lots of shutouts.

Brodeur just must not want that shutout record. That was the kind of goal I expected Telqvist to give up.

But any kind of win IN TORONTO, on the back end of two games on two nights, is a very welcome win.

Edited by Don

The Devils held on to win the game 2-1.

Good: Devils didn't totally pucker in the third period for a change; and Marty was crucial on so many shots.

Bad: Devils outshot 34-19, Darcy Tucker's slapshot goal was a bit weak.

Ugly: Wade Belak.

Most importantly, the Devils win game #1 on their 5 game road trip. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go root for a Rutgers comeback (it shouldn't have come to this, Rutgers!). GO DEVILS!

Also part of the good: Elias scored. Yeah it was a fluke goal but sometimes those are the ones that start hot streaks. We had to get a goal from one of the other three lines in any case :P The team has won six of seven, ugly or not at least they've managed to solidify themselves a bit and were 90 seconds away from a seven-game win streak.

Regarding Rutgers: I'm not surprised. Cinci's a good 5-5, four of their losses were against top ten teams on the road. Teel's awful, he was going to come back and bite them sooner or later. At best he's Trent Dilfer, i.e. you can win if you have a great defense. Rutgers' D has been great most of the year but I guess not so much early tonight. Rutgers' chance to win the National Championship went out the door after the Ohio St-Michigan game, at least they still have a chance to win the Big East (though going into Morgantown is going to be difficult) and play in a BCS bowl.

Very impressive game tonight, Brodeur was awesome. I'm betting Tucker wet his pants when he saw who slammed him into the boards; gotta laugh at the way he stayed down until Cam was on the bench, then Tucker started mouthing off. Tucker is the biggest wimp to ever play the game - I am embarrassed to admit I was a Leafs' fan (runs in the family) until Cam got drafted by the Devils!

Guess I shouldn't have spilled the beans yet because nobody is in chat.

:lol:

That Toronto goal was just in response to the Devs lucky goal, their 2nd. It happens. When those 2 wash each other out, the Devs won 1-0 and Brodeur stood on his head.

Good job Devs.

center ice had the hockey night in canada feed...awesome!

It did? I usually get both feeds and I only saw the NJ one...they are usually next to each other, maybe not this time.

It did? I usually get both feeds and I only saw the NJ one...they are usually next to each other, maybe not this time.

I've had Center Ice a few years back, and they never show the local team games for me - not even through the opposition's feed. That really sucked when Loughlin would fill in for Doc.

I've had Center Ice a few years back, and they never show the local team games for me - not even through the opposition's feed. That really sucked when Loughlin would fill in for Doc.

From what I understand only Dish Network does that. So that could be why. I hope to get it someday.

Yes, if you live in the broadcast area of the team then it is going to get blacked out on Center Ice. Since I live in Texas I don't have a problem with that and I live far enough from Dallas that their games don't get blacked out either.

From what I understand only Dish Network does that. So that could be why. I hope to get it someday.

I'm surprised it is only Dish Network...maybe DirecTV does it too?

i get center ice thru time warner cable here in orange county, CA.

it seems they always show HNIC no matter what. They also seem to run the east coast game and then the west coast game(late game) on the same channel straight thru...quite often the late game with HNIC includes quite a long post game broadcast, which is cool since usually the cut the feed at the first commercial break following the final horn.

out here all the ducks and kings games get played on FSN or the local station, so you get all the games no matter what.

center ice rocks, my only complaint is they cut the way they cut the feed for most broadcasts...never get to see the post game for the devils unles it's on versus(oln).

Edited by ice dog

I'm surprised it is only Dish Network...maybe DirecTV does it too?

I could be wrong but I remember talking about it because I was trying to get satellite last year I think it was but from what I remember it was only Dish Network that showed broadcasts from both teams.

Edited by sandman441