Sign in to follow this  
elias2600

whoops on the christmas present

elias2600    3

I asked for a Scott Gomez Team USA jersey (white) for christmas, and my sister ordered me one (it hasnt arrived yet). Yesterday I found out that for whatever reason besides that she doesnt know anything about hockey, she thought it would be a good idea to get it with the captains C on it. Now of course that is wrong, and makes the jersey kind of worthless (imo). Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the C from the jersey without ruining it, or even better, does anyone want to buy a Scott Gomez Team USA White Jersey (size L) with a captains C on it for a discount?

Edited by elias2600

threestars    0

Well, I'd wait till ya actually get it, but it may well be stitched on, in which case it should be fairly easy to unstitch it (and possibly not noticeable).....use scissors or a proper un-stitch tool you can purchase at any haberdashers (and do it carefully, don't pull at the stitching, just snip it). If it is the "iron-on" kind, ya could be screwed.

Edited by ThreeStars

elias2600    3

its a team USA replica jersey from NHL.com so I dont know what method of application they used.

elias2600    3

UPDATE: I got my jersey today, and it indeed does have the C on it, but it looks like it is only stitched, so I am going to remove them tomorrow and hope it doesn't leave much of a mark. Here's to hope!!

devilsfan26    54

I tried doing that once. I asked for an Yzerman jersey and they got me a #19 Red Wings jersey with my name on the back so I tried to unstitch it and I ended up leaving a few holes in the jersey and you can still kind of tell there was something there. It took forever so I just gave up before I even finished.

If I were you I would give it a shot instead of wearing it around and looking like a dumbass, though. Maybe you can take it to a store by you that's reliable with jersey customization and see if they can take it off for you. If you do it yourself, be careful even if it takes a long time because you don't want to ruin the jersey.

Sign in to follow this