Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PeteyNice

Verizon / Cablevision MSG HD FCC fight continues...

163 posts in this topic

A new development?

Or no development?

No development and nothing on the horizon that I can find. Which is why I am dumping em

I hate Cablevision. Yet I can't imagine dropping them and giving up the Devils in HD.

Nope, can't do it.

Meanwhile, Dish just dropped SNY (meaning it no longer has any of the NY sports networks) and DirecTV and YES are in negotiations on a new contract.

Just do not like Cablevision or Comcast or any other cable providers. I have had DirecTV for all these years and very happy I still have it. It maybe pricey but it is well worth the money. Cannot beat DirecTV.

i miss the Devils in HD... but i cant justify going back to CV after the crap i went through with them...

hopefully SOMETHING happens this off season... but whatever

i miss the Devils in HD... but i cant justify going back to CV after the crap i went through with them...

hopefully SOMETHING happens this off season... but whatever

I have to go back to cablevision. It sucks. Having had both Fios is by far a better cable/net company.

My wife heard something about this on the radio the other day as well, but I couldn't find anything on it. I need tos tick with Comcast because of the dependability and speed of the internet connection, but I'd love to give up webcasts for HD in my living room at some point.

Wait, does Verizon have all of the MSG channels in HD or no? Because they say they do on their website.

I have DISH Network and I still dont have MSG. I went the entire season without MSG and watching any games unless on VS on my actual tv. The rest I watched on my computer thanks to MicrowavePizza. Ridiculous.

Another update on this front finally.

An appeals court affirmed the FCC's new rules that would force Cablevision to sell MSG HD, denying Cablevision's appeal. The court only tweaked the new rules slightly saying that rather than the FCC being able to assume all withheld channels are unfair, complainants about withheld channels have to show that such withholding is an unfair advantage on an individual channel basis.

Hopefully this will get things moving now....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-10/fcc-can-require-cable-companies-to-share-sports-shows-appeals-court-rules.html