Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
officerfarva

Laraque to Pens....

29 posts in this topic

It was also mentioned during the Devils intermission saying Laraque will protect Crosby on the ice. The Penguins seeing Crosby getting beat up and knocked around they want a big guy/fighter like Laraque. Now the Penguins might be getting the best in the NHL for that. Good move by the Penguins.

I'm pretty sure Laraque and Avery have a history and the Rangers play the Pens soon. I hope Laraque beats the hell out of him.

I don't get it, what does this have to do with hockey's demise officerfarva?

Yes, Avery made some racial comments toward Georgie last season.

It was also mentioned during the Devils intermission saying Laraque will protect Crosby on the ice. The Penguins seeing Crosby getting beat up and knocked around they want a big guy/fighter like Laraque. Now the Penguins might be getting the best in the NHL for that. Good move by the Penguins.

Has Crosby been getting beat up and knocked around? Given that he's leading the NHL in scoring by such a margin suggests that he hasn't, from what I understand.

I would pay good money to see Laraque absolutely beat Avery to a bloody pulp.

Too bad it will never happen. Avery is a coward protected by Bettman's instigator rule. Anyone notice how Avery wouldn't fight Janssen or Rupp, but tried to duke it out with Madden. He's a wuss.

You can get 3 instigators before getting a 1 game suspension. I don't think that is whats stopping anyone. It's more you don't want to put your team on the PK and possibly cost your team a goal just to fight a guy. The coach will not be happy with that.

You can get 3 instigators before getting a 1 game suspension. I don't think that is whats stopping anyone. It's more you don't want to put your team on the PK and possibly cost your team a goal just to fight a guy. The coach will not be happy with that.

That's what I'm saying. Nobody wants to take an instigator penalty and end up shorthanded.

Too bad it will never happen. Avery is a coward protected by Bettman's instigator rule. Anyone notice how Avery wouldn't fight Janssen or Rupp, but tried to duke it out with Madden. He's a wuss.

I think that was just because he wanted to take Madden off the ice for five minutes as opposed to the other two, since Madden and Pandolfo are like the big cats that make Mickey Mouse Jagr run and hide.

Has Crosby been getting beat up and knocked around? Given that he's leading the NHL in scoring by such a margin suggests that he hasn't, from what I understand.

From what I understand that is what they are saying in Pittsburgh and was mentioned last night during the intermission of the Devils/Rangers game. Just relating what was said for one of the reasons Pittsburgh trading for Laraque. A player can still be knocked around and lead the NHL in scoring even with a margin.

Not only Crosby. They have 3 young kids on that team. And no tough guy. It's a good gamble to throw your chips down when you know damn well that the salary cap is not going to allow you to keep these guys together for very long.

Plain and simple. The Penguins needed a goon and they got the best of the best there with Laraque.

Plain and simple. The Penguins needed a goon and they got the best of the best there with Laraque.

Too bad it will never happen. Avery is a coward protected by Bettman's instigator rule. Anyone notice how Avery wouldn't fight Janssen or Rupp, but tried to duke it out with Madden. He's a wuss

I think he tried with Madden because Madden wears a visor and there are rules about fighting wearing a visor...4 min...nope...much more...and could get the instigator even tho slimeball started the yapping.

I thought there was a rule about that but recently I saw a fight and someone was wearing a visor and he just got the 5 minutes.

Really? I'm pretty sure there's a rule. I remember one time when Hale was going to get into a scrap with someone, he specifically took his helmet off and THEN dropped the gloves. Doc and Chico went on about how smart that was of Hale because he would have received another penalty had he not done that -- fighting with a visor is a no-no.