Video of the Goalie fight

DevilMinder

Ruff was totally in the wrong. He sent out all his tough guys against Spezza, Heatley and Comrie. Emery had to come to protect his team and then Peters jumps Emery.

For entertainment purposes you want to see the fight but the refs or linesmen have to break up a fight like that. No one from Ottawa could do anything the entire time because they would get a ten game suspension for leaving the bench but someone has to step in and not allow Buffalo to beat up on the Sens skilled players.

THANK YOU for posting this DevilMinder. :)

Anyone have the Rick Jeanerette version of this though?

Once again, THANK YOU for posting this as I missed it. :)

They played the audio of it on XM, that windbag was going nuts, and they had Rob Ray's mic open between the benches. The F bombs were flying on live TV!! They never cut that audio either. That'll be a great video once it pops up on Youtube.

They played the audio of it on XM, that windbag was going nuts, and they had Rob Ray's mic open between the benches. The F bombs were flying on live TV!! They never cut that audio either. That'll be a great video once it pops up on Youtube.

Hey. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to watch or listen to it when it pops up!!! :)

I thought it was a lame fight really, but I love how Emery had a smile on his face like it was funny and how every other fight stopped to watch the goalies...

As bad of a goalie he is, the Cloutier fight still ranks up there for me....maybe because of the total and complete ownage and then the "BRING IT" to the entire bench... :hail:

I can't believe no one on the Sens came to Emery's aid after Peters went after him. Benches should've cleared at that point.

- First player off the bench gets an automatic 10 game suspension.

- Emery is one of the best at the fisticuffs on the Senators. He needs nobody to come to his rescue. Biron should have stayed in his nets... he should have known he was going to get clocked.

Yeah the fans really hate the fighting, you could tell by all the people that were just sitting there in utter disgust. Just horrible for the sport............................

That was great and the fans LOVED it!!!!!

Emery smiling throughout his FIGHTS is just classic.

Ruff was totally in the wrong. He sent out all his tough guys against Spezza, Heatley and Comrie. Emery had to come to protect his team and then Peters jumps Emery.

For entertainment purposes you want to see the fight but the refs or linesmen have to break up a fight like that. No one from Ottawa could do anything the entire time because they would get a ten game suspension for leaving the bench but someone has to step in and not allow Buffalo to beat up on the Sens skilled players.

I disagree. I thought the Neil hit was pretty damn late and a little unnecessary (but that's debatable). Also, it was their goon roughing up their 2nd best player with a borderline hit. You gotta respond to that. And I loved what Ruff did. He put his 4th liners out and told them to "run 'em." That's awesome. THAT is what the Julien should have done after Avery's sh!t. Send a message that we aren't going to be run over. THAT is old time hockey, not some no talented piece of sh!t running a goalie all game, then knock his mask off, and then shove him in the face in his crease.

And with that being said, Peters fighting a goalie is so wrong. Sure he's coming to his backup goalie's aid, but not like that. Emery smiling the entire time is great though. So funny. He was probably smiling because he knows he can box and if it was a real fight like that, Peters would have went down in a second.

Overall, I think Julien should have sent out Rupp, Rass and Cam at some point during Tuesday's game against players like Straka, Nylander, Jagr, Mega-EuroWuss Hossa.