Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laxkidd110

Chat Box

6 posts in this topic

I think it would be a good idea to add a chat box to the forums. Chta boxs are a great way to socialize with other people without having to find an interesting post. Just a thought. Well, cya around!

Oh cna you add polls to your topics?

If not, there is another thing.

LaX-

I think it would be a good idea to add a chat box to the forums. Chta boxs are a great way to socialize with other people without having to find an interesting post. Just a thought. Well, cya around!

I see the rookie has not yet discovered the Thread of Randomness. :evil:

We have a chat room, but it's typically only used during and immediately after games. (However, there's nothing to stop anyone from using it at other times.) I know what you're referring to, though, when you speak of a chat box. I think it's usually called a shoutbox; the modification that I see everywhere has some security risks, based on what I've read about it. Also, the site owner is not a big fan of installing add-ons because it makes it difficult to upgrade the board when new versions come out. (Speaking of which, I keep meaning to review the latest upgrade to see if it's worth installing here.)

Oh cna you add polls to your topics?

Why would you not be able to start a poll? :noclue:

Maybe he comes from a land of anti-poll message boards. That's my theory anyway.

Rowdy answered the questions perfectly. Like he said, I am not a fan of excessive add ons. I usually go for it if Rowdy or I think it will enhance the site. The shoutbox I have seen around seems like it would be redundant to the NLD (Naught little dev, HOF) and Off topic area.

Don't feel cheated though, we do take suggestions :evil:

Maybe he comes from a land of anti-poll message boards. That's my theory anyway.

:lol: