Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYGDevils32

GDT: Devils vs. Capitals

117 posts in this topic

Belated congrats to Cam!

Still, if this team can't score more consistently, it'll be a quick out in the playoffs.

"I guess there is no reason not to shoot. I have to get a shot before I get a goal." Janssen once said.

So pissed I wasnt at the game. Of course his first goal is a sat. day game that i cant go too. O well.

This just in -- Cam Janssen just moved past Richard Smehlik on the Devils' all-time goal-scoring list.

<JESTER>

This just in -- Cam Janssen just moved past Richard Smehlik on the Devils' all-time goal-scoring list.

<JESTER>

I belive he has also passed Danton Cole.

The offense, weak enough when healthy, is just pathetic without Gionta. The games they have won since his injury have been won purely on defense and Marty.

They look like they are skating in quicksand, They were ripe for a let down after two amped up games against the Rangers.

What the hell was Marty thinking, diving out like that?

Well he got smoked on two breakaways already just in this game from staying in his crease and giving them enough room to make a move. He was just unlucky that the puck bounced up and ended up in the net.

Has anyone else's FSNY been kinda screwy the last few minutes? Mine has been pausey and pixelated.

The team better play a hell of a lot better if they want to win with Clemmensen in net tomorrow. They're playing so bad today that not even the best goalie in the world can save their asses. You really can't blame Marty for any of the goals. Three of them were breakaways and one was a shot that got deflected twice.

Agreed.

A pathetic effort given the opponent and the importance of the points. Probably the most lackluster effort I've seen all year, certainly since November.

First a goal, now a fight... Devs gotta score again and get Janssen an assist. *nods*

Well that penalty on the Devils pretty much seals it.

At least we had one bright spot:

fullj.getty-71799077jm005_washington_ca_2_48_55_pm.jpg

Well that penalty on the Devils pretty much seals it.

At least we had one bright spot:

fullj.getty-71799077jm005_washington_ca_2_48_55_pm.jpg

Meh. I don' t think this loss is a big deal really. To be honest, I expected a flat performance after the emotion of the two Ranger games. I can let this performance slide. Bounce back tomorrow, play our game, and hopefully get Clemmer a game and let Marty rest up for Pittsburgh. Cam scoring his first goal made the result a little easier to take as well.