I really hate it when...

NJayDevil

Gomez was flying out there tonight and that pass to Elias was just awesome for the goal! Gomez needs to do that more often and drive to the net and something can happen like maybe he starts scoring some goals. Put it on the net and surely there could be some rebounds.

Some of you are just impossible. When has Gomez EVER scored goals other than last year?! He's not a pure goalscorer, that was a fluke season partly brought on by surprise just because he shot the puck more than he did in the past and goaltenders didn't expect it. He doesn't have a great shot, he's shot the puck about as much this year as he did last year and isn't scoring.

Funny how he gets three assists and is a +3 tonight when people actually bury his passes for once :rolleyes:

I really hate it when someone comes on here after Gomez's first good game in 3 weeks and says "DUH TOLJA SO". Oi.

Gomez has been floating for most of this season and deserves to be ripped. We have a second line that is getting more goals than the first line for about 1/3rd the price. The three of them haven't played up to expectations and that is the prime reason we are almost DEAD LAST in offence in our division. We are beating the Flyers by ONE GOAL.

Last year he got 33 goals, 51 assists for 84 points and got paid ONE HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY for that.

Now that he's got his ultra-super-rich contract he's got 10 goals in 59 games. And he's not getting a point per game. And his shooting percentage of 4.9 is the worst in his entire career.

Elias has 63 points in 65 games, not above PPG but still on pace for nearly 80 points, people expect a little too much out of our offensive players.

Funny nobody ever rags on Gionta because other then his garbage goals I don't think his offensive game is all that great and his defense is certainly not great. Hell I don't even think he has a good shot. His heart is big, his work ethic is usually there but I don't see him as any more then a 2nd liner in the league.

Some of you are just impossible. When has Gomez EVER scored goals other than last year?! He's not a pure goalscorer, that was a fluke season partly brought on by surprise just because he shot the puck more than he did in the past and goaltenders didn't expect it. He doesn't have a great shot, he's shot the puck about as much this year as he did last year and isn't scoring

Some of you are just impossible. When has Gomez EVER scored goals other than last year?! He's not a pure goalscorer, that was a fluke season partly brought on by surprise just because he shot the puck more than he did in the past and goaltenders didn't expect it. He doesn't have a great shot, he's shot the puck about as much this year as he did last year and isn't scoring.

Funny how he gets three assists and is a +3 tonight when people actually bury his passes for once :rolleyes:

It's not unusual for a player to slump when he gets a big contract. Gionta is making about six times what he did last year, Gomez is making double, and Elias has the biggest contract on the team. Add to that Elias adjusting to the captaincy and two groin injuries and it's not that shocking that they're having a sub-par season.

I bet a few things

1. We don't win the division

2. We get eliminated in the first round

Our offence basically consists of the Zajac and Madden line (exception tonight), and our defense blows (even though we are in the top three for the Jennings)

I don't think we have the depth to make a run...it's showing now...

Oh...anyone think the Cam Janssen hit has doomed the Devils' season? I do...

a goal and 2 assists for Elias really sucks too!!...

Elias had some fire in him tonight with the way he skated with and without the puck. Only bad thing I remember him doing was not one timing that pass when the Devs had the PP in the 3rd, right before Biron made that save that drove the fans to go wild.

No I didn't mean that. Elias and Gomer played well tonight... We are at a low point and we need Patrick to be a leader... whatever that means.

Elias has 63 points in 65 games, not above PPG but still on pace for nearly 80 points, people expect a little too much out of our offensive players.

Funny nobody ever rags on Gionta because other then his garbage goals I don't think his offensive game is all that great and his defense is certainly not great. Hell I don't even think he has a good shot. His heart is big, his work ethic is usually there but I don't see him as any more then a 2nd liner in the league.