njdevils2003champs

Your Favorite Non-Devil

60 posts in this topic

Fun topic! :)

My all-time favorite player will always be Dale Hawerchuk, didn't get to see a whole lot of him growing up but I always loved him.

My young-guns pick goes to LA's Anze Kopitar, the kid is slick!

Bobby Orr....Jarri Kurri....Markus Naslund......Tiger Williams....Kevin Bieksa....on and on....

...Colby Genoway... :evil:

Back when he was with Quebec/Colorado and Montreal, Jocelyn Thibault was my favorite non-Devil for reasons that are extremely lame to everyone but me (and I'll admit they're lame to me at times :P). I haven't given the question any serious thought in ages, but I've always had a healthy respect for Mats Sundin, despite the team he plays for. Same goes for Mike Richter.

Nik Lidstrom. The guy dominates the league defensively every year and never complains/bitches ala Jagr or Hull. If there is one person in the NHL I'de like to see playing on the Devils its Lidstrom.

This is really random, but Peter Skudra. He played goalie for the Greensboro Monarchs (ECHL) when I was in high school. I snuck into the booster club catering deal they had after every game. The players would come down and hang out with the boosters for awhile. He talked to me with his broken English quite a bit. He actually did a stint in the NHL for the Penguins, Bruins, and Canucks but never made it and I think went back home to Latvia.

peter3.jpg

As far as a more well known player, Patrick Roy.

I guess I love goalies, too.

Edited by brodeurgirl30

I didn't see Orr anough to say him, but he's been a great ambassador. Have to say Gretzky, even though he called us Mickey Mouse (even if he was right). Raised the conciousness of the sport, most talented player I've ever seen and married a babe. What's not to like?

from a pure skill and fun to watch fly point of view i would say elias' bud havlat...

other than that since domi retired it's a toss up between darcy tucker, ryan hollweg, and sean avery...

hmmmm....besides the great one, I think mine would be Teemu Selanne. He is really fun to watch and has an uncanny ability to score from anywhere.

...Colby Genoway... :evil:

Past: Ray Bourque and Joe Hall ( Because he is the only English player in the HHOF :P )

Current: Danny Alfredsson, Ales Hemsky and Rusty Klesla.

There are so many good players to watch in the NHL now, its hard to choose.

Stevie Y, Joe Sakic, and Joe Thornton...

Chris

Theo Fluery..YES! :koolaid: You know every guy from Manitoba is a freakin nutcase..Eddie, Theo, Ronny Hextall (my mom witnessed him get the crap beat out of him in the main bar in our hometown) Aaron Asham..but he can't help it because his family is REAL sketchy...

Bob Clarke (Flin Flon)

Honestly, in terms of skill and grit, i can't really find myself pulling for anyone NOT on the devils.

I like Ryan Malone because of his tattoos, I like AO because of his skill and his attitude, i like Chelios because of his ability to Just Keep Going but i can't honestly pick anyone i'd call a favorite.

but for pure fun, i gotta admit I LOVE JR because he won't shut the eff up and he's got such a mouth on him and he makes me laugh so hard even though i want to hate him.

I'll prepare for the verbal onslaught i will take because of this admission. I'll let you know when that matters to me!

:D

Currently: Patrick Marleau, Steve Bernier, and Eddie Belfour

Old Timers: Denis Savard, Rod Gilbert (even if he was a Ranger), and Pat LaFontaine.

Clown should appreciate this:

Prior to 1982 I was an avid Sabres fan. Watching the artistry of Gilbert Perreault got me hooked on hockey and Jim Schoenfeld was my all-time favorite player.

Currently: Daniel Alfredsson, Daniel Briere.

Hey Manta..you can come back to the Sabres if you would like!! :evil::D

Unfortunately I only saw Perreault towards the end of his career, but I have heard many stories from Sabres fans who saw him live in the 70's etc...

To this day Schonfield is one of the most popular Buffalo sports athletes ever...he was an animal! :lol:

My all time favorite hockey player is Dominik Hasek. Despite the way he left the Sabres, his brilliance during his time in Buffalo was the ONLY reason the Sabres of the late 90's were a Cup Contender.

Luc Robitaille, Joe Sakic, Al MacInnis

Edited by LizDevil30

Ron Francis. One of the best two-way centers of the past 25 years in the NHL (Trottier, Messier and Yzerman weren't bad either!). Underrated greatness, if there is such a thing.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Hey Manta..you can come back to the Sabres if you would like!! :evil::D

Unfortunately I only saw Perreault towards the end of his career, but I have heard many stories from Sabres fans who saw him live in the 70's etc...

To this day Schonfield is one of the most popular Buffalo sports athletes ever...he was an animal! :lol:

My all time favorite hockey player is Dominik Hasek. Despite the way he left the Sabres, his brilliance during his time in Buffalo was the ONLY reason the Sabres of the late 90's were a Cup Contender.

Bobby Holik

Chris Drury

Mats Sundin

Jumbo Joe

I used to like to watch Darren McCarty

Mike Ricci

Dion Phaneuf

and guys like Super Joe, Stevie Y, etc, etc.

Past: Roenick on the Hawks, Bure on the Canucks, Nieuwendyk (I know he came here and I have his Devils jersey, but he was my first favourite player back on the late-80's Flames).

Current: Ovechkin, Lecavalier, Havlat, Kariya.