best community relations

KOCEANCLUB

I AM JUST WRITING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT FOR A HOCKEY TEAM THAT IS TRYING TO REGAIN PUBLIC SUPPORT, YOUR TEAM IS THE WORST. I HAVE A 10 YEAR OLD NEPHEW WHO PLAYS YOUTH HOCKEY AND I JUST HAD HIS GOALIE MASK PAINTED. THE MASK PAINTING COST 700.00 DOLLARS, AND ON IT ARE HIS THREE FAVORITE GOALIES: ROBERT ESCHE FROM THE FLYERS, MARTIN BRODEUR AND RAYCROFT FROM THE LEAFS. THE FLYERS WWERE GREAT ABOUT ALLOWING MY NEPHEW TO MEET AND GREET WITH ESCHE TO GET HIM TO SIGN THE MASK, AS WERE THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS ABOUT GETTING THE MASK SIGNED BY RAYCROFT. THEN THERE ARE THE DEVILS. JEFF ALSTADTER FROM YOUR PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT. I ASKED HIM IF HE COULD HAVE BRODEUR SCRIBBLE HIS NAME ON THE MASK EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER THEIR UPCOMMING FLYERS GAME, AND WAS FLAT OUT TOLD NO. MAYBE I WAS ASKING TOO MUCH TO HAVE A MULTI-MILLONAIRE TAKE 2 SECONDS TO SCRIBBLE HIS NAME ON A MASK FOR A 10 YEAR OLD. IT WOULD HAVE MEANT THE WORLD TO THE KID. MAYBE IF BRODEUR WAS EVEN ASKED HE MIGHT HAVE SAID YES, AFTER ALL PART OF THE MASK IS A TRIBUTE TO HIM. INSTEAD OF MAKING A KIDS DREAM COME TRUE, YOU HAVE CRUSHED IT!!!!!! I WOULD LIKE TO JUST TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR RUINING A KIDS DREAM. A CPOY OF THIS LETTER WILL BE FORWARDED TO EVERY NHL TEAM AND THE LEAGUE OFFICES AND EVERY OTHER FAN BULLETIN AND WEB SITE IMAGINABLE!!!!!!!!

Also great job in supporting the breast cancer fund raiser sponsored by TPS. YOUR TEAM IS THE BEST IN COMMUNITY RELATIONS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many people would take you much more seriously a) if this was sent to someone in the Devils organization and not a fan message board; b) if there was not such a sense of entitlement to an autograph on an important game night; and c) (and this is most important)...if you would LEARN TO SHUT OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON. :argh:

THEN GO ROOT FOR THE CRYERS IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS, GO AHEAD AND FORWARD THIS TO GARY WEASEL BETTMAN LIKE HE CAN READ ANYWAYS UNLESS THE LETTER SAYS I LOVE TEAMS SOUTH OF THE MASON DIXON LINE OR I LOVE THE SHOOTOUT YOUR LETTER WILL BE BURNED

I think many people would take you much more seriously a) if this was sent to someone in the Devils organization and not a fan message board; b) if there was not such a sense of entitlement to an autograph on an important game night; and c) (and this is most important)...if you would LEARN TO SHUT OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON. :argh:

it was sent to the devils organization. Is he that busy for a 3 second thing

If Marty was to schedule a meet and greet session with each and every youth hockey goalie that idolized him... the man would never have time to get anything else done. Sure that's cool that your nephew got his mask painted... but guess what sweetcheeks.. that doesn't entitle you or him to sh!t. There are plenty of other ways to meet Marty. You would have had better luck going to a practice or an away game and asking him nicely to sign the helmet.

are all devils fans a$$holes

Why don't you learn to show a little respect here you punk and watch your language...you sign up here and star spoting off crap in CAPS (what are you, like 5?), but I guess showing a little respect is too much to ask of you.

If Marty was to schedule a meet and greet session with each and every youth hockey goalie that idolized him... the man would never have time to get anything else done. Sure that's cool that your nephew got his mask painted... but guess what sweetcheeks.. that doesn't entitle you or him to sh!t. There are plenty of other ways to meet Marty. You would have had better luck going to a practice or an away game and asking him nicely to sign the helmet.

I just wanted someone from the organization to take it to him and sign it not meet him

Why don't you learn to show a little respect here you punk and watch your language...you sign up here and star spoting off crap in CAPS (what are you, like 5?), but I guess showing a little respect is too much to ask of you.

let go leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leaf nation

I just wanted someone from the organization to take it to him and sign it not meet him

leaf nation

where do they practice at

Well now with an entitlement attitude like THAT no wonder you got laughed at by the Devils PR

I had my fun answer I guess it's time for a serious one

(though much credit for turning OFF the Caps Lock Button, you've jumped up on the Evolutionary Scale! :clap: )

Reason 1:

there are plenty of other ways to find and meet the guy (after games, practice sessions, regualrly scheduled team sanctioned meetings), that you can get the helmet signed like a normal human being

Reason 2:

Player Security is always a worry, remember Monica Seles... no doubt you're a psycho from the way you ehined about this

Reason 3:

Who the hell are you to come off like it's an ENTITLEMENT to have your little mask signed ?? it's not like anyone put a gun to your head and MADE you paint the damn thing as so

Reason 4:

Look at how you're handling the responses in this thread alone... damn this is fun !! B )

you know what... at this point, your crying young kid... just gives me joy on this beautiful afternoon

not only a proud a$$hole, but waiting for the a$$holes of the world to unite and make a statue in my a$$holic honot :koolaid:

least we can have some fun with this thread!! B )

Well now with an entitlement attitude like THAT no wonder you got laughed at by the Devils PR

I had my fun answer I guess it's time for a serious one

(though much credit for turning OFF the Caps Lock Button, you've jumped up on the Evolutionary Scale! :clap: )

Reason 1:

there are plenty of other ways to find and meet the guy (after games, practice sessions, regualrly scheduled team sanctioned meetings), that you can get the helmet signed like a normal human being

Reason 2:

Player Security is always a worry, remember Monica Seles... no doubt you're a psycho from the way you ehined about this

Reason 3:

Who the hell are you to come off like it's an ENTITLEMENT to have your little mask signed ?? it's not like anyone put a gun to your head and MADE you paint the damn thing as so

Reason 4:

Look at how you're handling the responses in this thread alone... damn this is fun !! B )

you know what... at this point, your crying young kid... just gives me joy on this beautiful afternoon

not only a proud a$$hole, but waiting for the a$$holes of the world to unite and make a statue in my a$$holic honot :koolaid:

least we can have some fun with this thread!! B )

when i die I want to be buried face down so all you devil fans can kiss my a$$

leaf nation

where do they practice at

Responses for you:

Idiot.

Idiot.

Idiot.

And if you are a Loafs or Flyers fan yourself...as a Sabres fan I have 1 word for you:

PWNED!!!

Edited by LOTCB

I don't know whether or not to take this seriously.

Autographs aren't really a huge part of community relations, in my opinion. You can only coach a public figure so much as to what they should do/say. At the end of they day it's their choice. Would it have been nice for him to give the autograph? Yes.

Could the Devils organization do more in terms of PR (and CR is generally a function of PR). Yeah I think so, but I think it's unfair that what they DO do gets overlooked most of the time.

and I wouldn't blame Mr. Alstadter, maybe simply Brodeur did not have time to sign the mask or there was another issue. I think a LOT of kids would like to meet him and get a mask signed, but not every kid will get to do this. He's just doing his job.

Edited by LA03

Okay everyone, let's quit playing with this poor fellow and tell him the truth now.

You see, KOCEANCLUB, the reason Marty cannot sign your mask is because, well, in his contract, it actually says that for every two seconds he takes out of his life to sign a mask with Robert Esche and Andrew Raycroft on it, he has to eat a baby.

And, you know, Marty cannot stomach eating too many babies, because, well, it gives him gas. A gassy Marty = a saddy Marty :(

when i die I want to be buried face down so all you devil fans can kiss my a$$

Yeah might as well leave your good side for the world to see

I guess I did leave out reason #5, that you could be some greedy autograph douche trying to sell it on e-bay or at some sports store or whatever

Just please feel free to write again each time we make your family cry by whippin that ass each game :hah:

Reason # 5

Esche and Raycroft < Brodeur

Guess he'll have to find something else to sell on Ebay.

I have to edit that equation:

Esche and Raycroft < Brodeur

Heck, I even dare to use this one...

Esche < Clemmensen

Edited by LOTCB