Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jerrydevil

At what point do the Tampa stars wear down?

22 posts in this topic

Can these guys keep logging the minutes they're playing? I'd like to get the perspective of someone who has played this game. It seems to me that at some point, all these minutes played will catch up with Lecavalier and St. Louis. Wishful thinking? I don't know.

From what I read, Tortorella's camp is known as "Camp Torturella"

No wonder the Rangers never gave him a chance!

Anyway, it's clear these guys are well conditioned. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Edited by Jerrydevil

I doubt Tampa can make it to the finals leaning on two guys this hard. They will tire.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on them wearing out in just the first round. :argh:

Even if they do wear down, I doubt it will happen during our series. They will be a problem unless the checking line +the other line on the ice with St. Louis can keep them in check.

They will not wear down in the first round if they are free to skate around without any trouble or punishment. However, I know from experience that if you are hit whenever you touch the puck you tire a lot faster.

Edited by devils26

I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe matching Pandolfo/Madden against them exclusively isn't the best strategy anymore.

That is why I keep jumping up and down about putting Rass on the checking line... unless you hit them they will not wear down this series.

Rass or not, St Louis is having fun skating around. It wasn't until the 3rd period last game, he started getting hit. White woke up and hit him and so did Parise!

These are the type of players that you have to continue to take the body

every chance you get.

These are the type of players that you have to continue to take the body

every chance you get.

I have a feeling tonights game is gonna be a bit more physical than the last two. Time to see if they can actually take getting hit every time.

I don't believe they will wear down, at least not during the series with New Jersey. The only way to chip away at the armor of a team like this is to take the body, hard and often. I really don't remember that happening just yet.

That has to include after they get rid of the puck we must finish our checks.

I agree with some of the above posts. I don't see them wearing down at all this series unless we start pounding them. If they keep logging this amount of ice time and this series does go deep next round they might be shot. I really think the Devils have to win this game tonight otherwise this may be a quick exit. I know being down 2-1 in a series is not insurmountable by any means but as soon as I saw St. Louis score that 2nd period goal I've had visions of the Staal goal from last year against the Canes. That totally turned the series and I really hope what happened Saturday doesn't do the same.

Bring Jannsen in on the 4th line for 5 minutes a game, have him go out and go balls to the wall on them, the rest of the time double shift Langs or Gio on the 4th line. 1 big hit each and they'll slow down.

Janssen on the ice with St. Louis or Vinnie? Please... he is not the answer. And there is no sense for him to bang lesser players and pick up stupid penaties. He is best served sitting in the seats eating popcorn with Weimer waiting for next years regular season. The other guys have to get the job done.

they'll wear down in their thirtes.... sh!t that's not NOW :P

Even if they do wear down, I doubt it will happen during our series. They will be a problem unless the checking line +the other line on the ice with St. Louis can keep them in check.

I see that we're worried about a team that barely made into the playoffs wearing down. I sense that I'm not the only one on this board concerned about the state of our play.

Tonight would be a good time for Madden/Pandolfo to wear down St. Louis and Lecavalier. No way they can do this for a 7-game series.